Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i want to get my car lowered soon. on this site, they have Eibach 1.5" lowering springs for $245.00, then Eibach 2.0" for $235.00. Now i thought that the 2" would be more but which would you get for almost daily driving, 1.5" or 2.0".

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
how much do you care about the smoothness of your trips? Personally I don't care if my car has a really stiff suspension and i can feel every bump in the road, therefore i would go with the 2" lower because the springs are stiffer b/c its lower to the ground

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
drop they give and the rate of the spring go with the sport spring unless you REALLY want a car that can handle and you dont mine the ride.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so race is more for handling, not ride and otherway around for the sport, or do you know how that works spectorV :confused:

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
If you drop it that much you'll also need c/c plates

·
Registered
537 Posts
for about the same price you could go with H&R springs they will give you a better lowering and spring rates as well. Maximum Motorsports sells them for the same price with a variety of spring rates.

Matt :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
douGT said:
so race is more for handling, not ride and otherway around for the sport, or do you know how that works spectorV :confused:
If i remember correctly race lowers your car the least of any of the, and the rate is alot more so you get better handeling out of it ( the best geometry for handeling is a 1.25 inch drop ~ )

the sport gives you a little more drop ( 1.5-1.7 ~) and makes the rate not quite as bad ( 720 front i do belive and progressive rate )

progressive rate means the harder you push the more rate you get back, thus its not as bad driving around but if you push it or hit a pot hole really hard you will feel more rate :)

C springs are 650 - 250 (or 300) for comparison and are specific rate.

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
any more than 1.3 inches expect cc plates, heck i have em and i have a 1.25 drop....

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
most race cars arent even lowered past 1.5. i say get h&r springs. then blistein dampeners. c/c plates from maximum motor sport.
stangsuspension.com
rdmotorsport.com
these two companys have what you need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts