Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm looking towards lowing my car soon...it's a DD so I don't want to scrape too much. And im definitely paranoid about scraping my bumper lol...how much of a drop would u guys recommend?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
What's your road conditions. Are there bunch of dips in the road or speed bumps? If you got good roads it should be good for 1.5 inch drop you shouldn't run much on your front bumper it's gonna be your exhuast. I scrape on my h pipe if I don't watch the road dips. Just smart driving you shouldn't scrape much

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Is there any dips in the roads like high spots where tires drive on they sink in the road and cause a high spot right in the center and that's where you'd scrape

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1lowGT said:
Is there any dips in the roads like high spots where tires drive on they sink in the road and cause a high spot right in the center and that's where you'd scrape
Crap.....the highway I drive on everyday is like that

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Same here. I just drive slow and cautious.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
image-2275756122.jpg

image-881955546.jpg

That's how low I am and I can manage to not scrape if you drive smart.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Yes they are. You can have it at stock height or drop it to 3.5 inches. I found my rears in Craig's and the front ones came on the car already. Steeda, Andy's, AM carrys them

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Would you necessarily need both or could you get just front. Or just back

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
I would suggest both so you can adjust front and back. It helps you tremendously with handling as well.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
What's your set up?
Well sadly i dont know.. My car was already lowered when igot it. But it has yellow lowering springs, if that helps i dont know what brand.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

I would suggest both so you can adjust front and back. It helps you tremendously with handling as well.
What brand is yours, and whats the general price range. I know they arent too cheap.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
1lowGT said:
Well sadly i dont know.. My car was already lowered when igot it. But it has yellow lowering springs, if that helps i dont know what brand.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

What brand is yours, and whats the general price range. I know they arent too cheap.
In the front I have Griggs racing coilovers and in the back I have koni yellow coilovers. You can get a good set under 500 dollars

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Doe_Rae_mi said:
What are coil overs?!??
This is what wiki said. A coilover is an automobile suspension device. "Coilover" is short for "coil spring over strut". It consists of a shock absorber with a coil spring encircling it. The shock absorber and spring are assembled as a unit prior to installation, and are replaced as a unit when the shock absorber has leaked. This provides for optimal damping without torsional loads. Some coilovers allow adjustment of ride height and stiffness, using a simple threaded spring perch similar to a nut. More advanced adjustable coilover systems will use a threaded shock body, coupled with an adjustable lower mount for ride height adjustment, while an adjustment knob is used to adjust damping, commonly referred to as "stiffness." Spring rate also plays a role in stiffness.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
In the front I have Griggs racing coilovers and in the back I have koni yellow coilovers. You can get a good set under 500 dollars
Where would be a good set under 500 dollars I can just find some for like 1000 bucks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts