Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
99ford said:
It will be different! I think if Georgia had played them earlier they could have won last night. It will be exciting to see if bama can shake off LSU.
If LSU plays like they did last night there won't be a chance for them at all. No first downs in the first half with less than ten yards offense, that's a joke.

·
Registered
903 Posts
this game is going to be a waste. 9-6 last time in overtime. safe to say I will not be watching this game, and i predict one of the lowest televised crowds in a while. I hate rematched in games like this Ok St should be playing, not Alabama. You had your shot, sorry you lost. Because think of it this way. What good does it do when LSU wins again... nothing. Everyone will say what is being said now and that is. Well this happened already this season, we just wasted the biggest game of the season on this.

this is why Basketball is SOO much better. I was at the Ohio State Duke game, and the best part is, when we won, the duke fans and I looked at eachother shook hands and said good game, because we know that as long as you are in the top 64, your going to get the chance you deserve to EARN your National Championship. Not be Like alabama where your just given another shot at a rematch.

sorry to rant, but this is BS at its finest and proof why they need to go to a playoff.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this game is going to be a waste. 9-6 last time in overtime. safe to say I will not be watching this game, and i predict one of the lowest televised crowds in a while. I hate rematched in games like this Ok St should be playing, not Alabama. You had your shot, sorry you lost. Because think of it this way. What good does it do when LSU wins again... nothing. Everyone will say what is being said now and that is. Well this happened already this season, we just wasted the biggest game of the season on this.

this is why Basketball is SOO much better. I was at the Ohio State Duke game, and the best part is, when we won, the duke fans and I looked at eachother shook hands and said good game, because we know that as long as you are in the top 64, your going to get the chance you deserve to EARN your National Championship. Not be Like alabama where your just given another shot at a rematch.

sorry to rant, but this is BS at its finest and proof why they need to go to a playoff.
Oklahoma St had their shot too. They controlled their destiny but couldn't manage to beat a 6-6 27 point underdog Iowa State.

What if Alabama wins? You completely left that logic out of your whole statement. Did you even watch the original game or did you just look at the score like the rest of the moaners did? Alabama had an INT on the 1 yard like and multiple missed field goals. That game was not a domination by LSU by any stretch.

Sorry you get to see the two best teams in the land play each other again. Both LSU and Alabama would be favored against Oklahoma State and that right there says it all.

·
Registered
903 Posts
no i watched the game from beginning to end. I guess im just upset that 2 teams that have already played are playing again, its not as exciting the second time around, and honestly I just dont see the logic in setting it up that way either.

i guess i started to steer this topic in a different direction because it goes back to my basis where they need to adapt a playoff system, even if it is like ESPN was talking about where it is only 6 teams. Even then it gives the chances to settle who is really the best team, and at the same time we wont have to hear the bellyaching of the teams like boise when they go undefeated. Lets just say I am glad Houston finally lost so we wouldnt have to hear that BS all over again, even though their strength of schedule was piss poor, and included such teams as St Agnus School for the Blind.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Topless04GT said:
no i watched the game from beginning to end. I guess im just upset that 2 teams that have already played are playing again, its not as exciting the second time around, and honestly I just dont see the logic in setting it up that way either.

i guess i started to steer this topic in a different direction because it goes back to my basis where they need to adapt a playoff system, even if it is like ESPN was talking about where it is only 6 teams. Even then it gives the chances to settle who is really the best team, and at the same time we wont have to hear the bellyaching of the teams like boise when they go undefeated. Lets just say I am glad Houston finally lost so we wouldnt have to hear that BS all over again, even though their strength of schedule was piss poor, and included such teams as St Agnus School for the Blind.
I agree we need a playoff system. In 2008 the SEC proposed one but every other conference shot it down. They have no one but themselves to thank for their conferences current situation.

At least OK State can say what if instead of actually being embarrassed in the NC game by LSU.

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
I with Brent here. I'm tired of hearing "they had their chance", and "I don't want to see another 9-6 game...". Every other team in the nation had their chance too and lost to someone. If there was a single undefeated team left outside of LSU, I'd say give them the nod over Bama. Fact is... there isn't. I understand Iowa State has one of the great teams in college football... but I still don't think a loss to them quite compares to not only taking LSU to overtime, but really out playing them for the majority of the game.

As far as the "boring" argument, I honestly fail to see how a game in which the difference in score was never greater than a single touchdown could be boring, but I guess that's just personal opinion. It's probably a lot less boring than watching LSU spank Oklahoma State by 30+ points though...

·
Registered
903 Posts
I with Brent here. I'm tired of hearing "they had their chance", and "I don't want to see another 9-6 game...". Every other team in the nation had their chance too and lost to someone. If there was a single undefeated team left outside of LSU, I'd say give them the nod over Bama. Fact is... there isn't. I understand Iowa State has one of the great teams in college football... but I still don't think a loss to them quite compares to not only taking LSU to overtime, but really out playing them for the majority of the game.

As far as the "boring" argument, I honestly fail to see how a game in which the difference in score was never greater than a single touchdown could be boring, but I guess that's just personal opinion. It's probably a lot less boring than watching LSU spank Oklahoma State by 30+ points though...
so your telling me that had houston not lost. you would have wanted an LSU vs HOUSTON NCG? now the topic has drifted a little out of understandable.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts