Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to start pulling my shortys today and putting on my longtubes. With new solid motor mounts while the engine is lifted. I don't have a cherry picker. Where's the best spot to lift up on the engine with a 2X4 and a jack on the oil pan? Just don't wanna crush it!lol...

·
Registered
433 Posts
i wouldnt recommend doin that if you have access to a come-along chain it to the engine and a sturdy beam in a shop or under tree. but if you have no other choice try to put the block and jack on the oil pan bolts along the front of the pan that way its atleast against the engine and not solely the pan. but i would try the come-along before the pan. good luck

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read that you can do it by lifting on the pan, but that goes against everything I've ever been taught. Guess I'll go snooping through my dad's shop and see what I can come up with. Thanks man!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
same here i really hate having to use any part of the oil pan area but sometimes u just have too i did once to get enough tilt on the engine to pull my tranny out on tiny 1 ton jackstands

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Driver side in place and bolted up. Having hell with motor mount on passenger side so I can lift engine up for clearance. Any pointers?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Find an engine shop, if they screw it up, you will have some recourse. If not and this doesn't work, please send in lots of photos.

·
Banned
776 Posts
I don't think an engine shop is needed to get an engine mount bolt loose. PB blaster, a wrench and a long pipe for leverage. I use my floor jack handle usually for leverage.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts