Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this subject is old but I can't find anything on it. Question is, are long tube headers legal in California? And would What cats would be necessary? Thanks

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
For it to be legal it would have to have a CARB sticker on it from what I'm told. Or maybe that's just CAI. You can always ask the vendor

·
Registered
835 Posts
I think that as long as you still have all four of the catalytic converters it would be legal.
I'm just guessing but that would make sense.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I live in humboldt, california.
Yeah the smog sucks... in humboldt you only have to smog a vehicle when you selling it, or bring it off of a non-op.(Atleast that's how it works in humboldt)
So could run it cat-less.(already have a egr delete)
I might be selling it though, so I gotta keep it legal and fix everything.

·
Registered
835 Posts
couldn't you just move the cats back? Like if you were going with divorced duals, might be able to fit the cats where the mid pipe would be?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
they want it to be in stock condition with the cats, the visual inspection will fail you since the cats will be moved even if it has all four of the cats.. (friend lives in cali, he's been through all this before) like said above the only carb legal headers are JBA shorties but that's just a waste

you can add the stock headers from a 94-98 sixxer to your car, ford part so legal and they probably wouldn't even notice during inspection, about the only set of shorties worth messing with since they're cheap

·
Registered
779 Posts
With shorties your only paying for it to be "legal" and some small numbers. I would just get some long tubes power and grate sound. Unless your going to turbo along the way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts