Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a set of Downforce Wheels and was curious if they need aftermarket lug nuts? And even if not needed, would a non factory set look better or be more functional like say a locking set?

I got the Downforce 20 x 8.5 graphite set and I have a 2014 Mustang V6

According to LMR.com, only the S550 needs a different set of lug nuts so I assume that another set would be only for cosmetic or locking feature but I wanted to ask so that I don't have a set of wheels I just get to look at lol

Thanx

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I prefer Gorilla over McGuard as to my eye they seem less likely to cam where the key engages. My .02 is to get a set that all 20 lugs are locks (Amazon) not that they eliminate theft but it will stop lazy thieves. Another advantage of having all lugs lock is you can wrap the key in tape to prevent scratches.

hint: write phone number on key if you ever leave it at a shop it'll help getting it back

·
Registered
321 Posts
I prefer Gorilla over McGuard as to my eye they seem less likely to cam where the key engages. My .02 is to get a set that all 20 lugs are locks (Amazon) not that they eliminate theft but it will stop lazy thieves. Another advantage of having all lugs lock is you can wrap the key in tape to prevent scratches.

hint: write phone number on key if you ever leave it at a shop it'll help getting it back

Same here gorilla lugs ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts