Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking my mustang to make for a paint job. I know how to treat her well <3 and a then giving her the best detail she ever had.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Just make sure they do a good job, i've heard mixed reviews about them... I've heard that they are the worst place ever and they do a ****ty job, and i've also heard they are really reliable... Just make sure they do it right and don't rush it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Soccerluvr4 said:
Just make sure they do a good job, i've heard mixed reviews about them... I've heard that they are the worst place ever and they do a ****ty job, and i've also heard they are really reliable... Just make sure they do it right and don't rush it.
I didn't hear any bad reviews about maaco. All I really need is just a minor paint job. Hood, front bumper, and driver side to match the car. Never again will I paint my own pieces of the car lol. It was a big FAIL

·
Registered
124 Posts
Don't go to Maaco unless you have done the prep work and want a low quality paint job. I made that mistake. Find another shop and pay a little extra.

·
Registered
598 Posts
They are an example of you get what you pay for. In the owner's club for my last car, a guy got his resprayed there & it was not impressive. I wouldn't use them personally.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
99.9% of the time you get what you pay for and end up spending more trying to pay less :(

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh heck no. I just went to maaco and for a free estimation and wanted to charge me $849.30. Forget that.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I went to macco for my old ricer a few years ago and I have to admit they did a pretty darn good job removed all dents and sprayed it well. $600 out the door... guess it really depends on who's doing it

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
They usually have a special around Xmas for $249 or $499. That's paint no bodywork. I've also have heard mixed reviews.

·
Registered
847 Posts
jdavis96gt said:
They usually have a special around Xmas for $249 or $499. That's paint no bodywork. I've also have heard mixed reviews.
Yeah with their $249 special they forget to tell you that it's 150 dollars for them to prep it (quick wet sand)...also $30 per ding removal and $75 extra per door jamb ( I had a 4 door so I passed on that). They also painted mine the wrong color so I got an xtra coat for free. Still wasn't a bad job for 600 bucks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts