Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yea, the mac is baaaad! I just put one in my 2000 GT! sounds loud and like I have a set.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WhiteStang99 said:
looks clean. are you planning on a GT bumper?
How do they sound?
Naa...I dont think im goinna get a GT bumper
and they sound damn good!..from the inside they sound best at around 2.5k and up
but from the outside....they sound good all around!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Get a spair set of tail pipes, your gonna need them in a bout 3-6months...we had a set on our 2000v6 and they rusted out on the tail pipes, and had to get another set of stainless steel gt tails welded on in there place.

MAC is best known for there poor quality of metals...but the exhaust does sound good non the less!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Yep, i lvoe mine, i got a set of GT tailpipes sitting in the garage for when these rustoff, which doens't seem like it will be long.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
they look extremely nice :D

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
KrazyPony said:
Get a spair set of tail pipes, your gonna need them in a bout 3-6months...we had a set on our 2000v6 and they rusted out on the tail pipes, and had to get another set of stainless steel gt tails welded on in there place.

MAC is best known for there poor quality of metals...but the exhaust does sound good non the less!
Extreme Effects.com said:
That is why all thier exhaust systems now come with stainless steel tips!
Looks good man. Is that the kit that bolts on to they y-pipe? I see u got the newer ones (black coating) they are supposed to be better protected than the other ones and they come with 3 inch tips. real nice.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
looks nice!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ok Guys, What Exactly Is The Purpose Of Cat Backs? :confused:

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
if its not stainless steel it wont last... i did the same thing it flaked and fell off, it lasted alot longer but its just borrowed time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SpectorV said:
if its not stainless steel it wont last... i did the same thing it flaked and fell off, it lasted alot longer but its just borrowed time.
Mine= Stainless Steel + rustoleum

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes, the new MAC systems all come with polished stainless steel tips! No more rusting.

Plus the new coating is better. MAC really has improved the quality of the system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dont know why it took some of you guys 12hrs to put it on..but i had mine in around 2-3 hrs....2 jacks (safety cinderblocks :) ) and basic hand tools...
i was 16 at the time...then the next day i turned 17 lol

1 - 20 of 35 Posts