Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i was thinking about the mac exhaust true dual kit w/o cats from extreme effects. Could i take the mufflers off and replace them with flowmasters or are the mac mufflers great sounding. i know this sounds stupid but i just want to make sure. :?:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
McGrail482 said:
should i get cats or not :?:

If you have inspection keep your old cats unless they are clogged. If you dont you will in 2006 federal mandate to all 50 states

unless you are going high HP just leave the cat alone

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
corey how would i ever know if my cats were clogged? the same ones have been on there for 100k miles.. think theyre clogged?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys..am i going to need MIL Eliminators :?:

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
i dont like the flowmaster 40s on our car... id go with mac just for the fact that it doesnt get raspy. Flows sound great down low but once you hit about 3k its just aweful :|

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
94-98's dont sound ricey.

The sound mean to me. a nice lopey agressive cam. To me they have a better growl than 99+

and my flowmasters dont get ricey whatsoever at 3k+

Also a 94 gt came intoday with flows.

oh my god. a 5.0 with flows just kicks ass. :headbang:

But like I said before. Dont listen to me, dont listen to anyone who posted here.

NO ONE can tell YOU what sounds good.

you may like flowmasters, borla, mac, bassani, spintech, ect or you may not, you may like rice rocket fart cannons. Everyones different, the best way is to get out there go to a mustang meet, just listen to some cars with different exhausts. Even if you hear that muffler on a v8, it will have that distintive muffler hum (tone) so you can figure out what you feel is the best.

I've heard Mac, Flowmaster, Borla <-- (actually hated it) , Spintech and dynomax

and the best ones were Flows, and Spintechs.

i actually hated the sound of borlas. for such a expensive muffler i was not impressed. Sounded like a pack of bee's

1 - 20 of 34 Posts