1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
They are HTS(high temp silicone) coated which slows down corrosion, GT take offs are stainless. For that kit you will need an H or X pipe to bolt it up. but anyway installation was simple took me about an hour and half to install it.(spent about 30 mins hack sawing the stock exhaust off)will take a little longer when doing a h/x pipe. You will need ot get a muffler hanger for the pass side, and the tip hangers. That kit will hang below the bumper so you don't need a GT bumper. I personally would get GT takeoffs, and get the flowpaths in place of hte GT mufflers. The chrome tips that come with them look ok, but mine are rusting after being on the car for 3 months.but it sound great

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
MAC sound great and their mufflers are sweet but the quality of the tips sux. They will rust in no time. I agree with 01mineralgrey6 either get GT take offs or do what I did and go to a muffler shop and have custom pipes made and have some quality tips installed

·
Registered
800 Posts
yes we had MAC Catback on our '00 we had, and after 3months the tips started rusting out :( so we then got a set of GT Stainless steel tips and had them rewelded on the ends of them.

Wish I still had the pics, the ends actualy had rust staright through them...

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
KrazyPony said:
yes we had MAC Catback on our '00 we had, and after 3months the tips started rusting out :( so we then got a set of GT Stainless steel tips and had them rewelded on the ends of them.

Wish I still had the pics, the ends actualy had rust staright through them...
my rust isn't that bad, but it sure is an eyesore. Ill post a pic tomorrow;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
01mineralgrey6 said:
spent about 30 mins hack sawing the stock exhaust off
a sawsall works wonders.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
stangrip22 said:
does anyone know how good the magnaflow system is for the 2000 v6 stang
Magnaflow systems are OK but why dont you just get the mufflers you want and find a good Muffler shop to custom make your exhaust system. I did it and had it done cheaper than any kit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, get stainless pipes. The MAC pipes I had rusted to hell. Good sound, though. There's no steel substitution for 300 series stainlesses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts