Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does anyone think about the MAC catbacks? Thinking of getting one and i have looked everywhere, I dont think that true dual exhaust doesnt give you much power unless you have a s/c, but what do you think of them?

·
Registered
676 Posts
ttpancakes said:
What does anyone think about the MAC catbacks? Thinking of getting one and i have looked everywhere, I dont think that true dual exhaust doesnt give you much power unless you have a s/c, but what do you think of them?
i wouldnt go mac,just dont care for the sound, if was gonna do a DIRECT fit bolt on cat back if would proabably be flowmaster,spintech(side exit) or borla(if i had the $$$$)

personally i would spend the extra cash and get true duals as in H-pipe and GT catback but thats just me. and about the power i'm more concerned about sound than power but thats me a veee-6 is really not meant for racing henceforth i'm not really concerned with power although i think i'm gonna buy a mid-pipe soon.

but this is only MY opinion and what my personall tastes are when it comes to exhaust.

·
Registered
231 Posts
ttpancakes said:
My opinion on the new MAC direct bolt on is that it is absolutley sick! It truley looks bad ass and they now give it the 3" stainless steel tips. Before that was almost an additional $100 option.

Also we have sound clips on our site if you want to check them out and maybe it can help you decide.
Also MAC has redesigned thier HTS coating and it has been improved tremendously. However only time will tell in the end, but so far the system looks and sounds great.
http://www.extremeeffect.com/38Exhaust.html

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
MAC, Flowmaster and Spintech are Chambered or Baffled mufflers. They each have there own unique sound do to the arangement of the chamber walls or baffles but they all generally produce a couple of HP when going with a dual exhaust setup.Not really a performance gain more of a better sound mod on a stock V6. But a necessary step if you are ever going to do any real engine mods for better exhaust flow. The only downside is these mufflers can get loud inside the car especially Flowmasters at Highway speeds they tend to Drone some. Some people dont mind some do.

It is all up to you if you are below 25 yrs old you probably wont mind the droning and there is no real performance advantage between any of these 3 mufflers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
In my opinion i have Magnaflow polished mufflers and 3.5" tips and it Looks Great AND Sounds Even Better.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
how can you tell your mufflers look good under the car?????? I could care less if they were black as long as they sound good and flow great

·
Registered
123 Posts
the 3.5" tips, not the mufflers
I could really give a crap what the mufflers look like but tips make or break the whole look of a vehicle.

·
Registered
123 Posts
No Prob, Bob!....I mean Corey

·
Registered
123 Posts
Never watched Urkel on Family matters... Im probably setting myself up.oh well

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Funky4.6VERT said:
Never watched Urkel on Family matters... Im probably setting myself up.oh well
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
I dont like macs, i think magnaflow or bassani sound better

·
Registered
231 Posts
ttpancakes said:
I just want good flow and performance looks comes 2nd to me.
I tell you what, if you purchase the MAC bolt on from us and do not like it for ANY reason, simply return it for a full refund minus the S&H charges.
I am offering this to you as a V6 Stangs.com member.

Just an offer.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts