Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I jsut put the pacesetter conversion on my car, basically you cut the stock y pipe and this bolts up tight behind the cats. and then a GT style catback bolts to it. Off road h pipe replaces between the headers/manifolds, and the cat back with no cats on it. You will need a chip or MIL eliminators if you use the o/r pipe. other wise your check engine light comes on.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
The cats are required to pass emission tests. I dont know what Illinois laws are but In Alabama they dont care what you do to your car basically lol. California is much different. But other than that and the MIL's you need to buy for the check engine light nothing else is needed.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
long tubes come all the way back to the transmission, from what i have heard Longtubes are not emissons legal. but you can get an h pipe with 2 high flow cats.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
if you get the pacesetter you won't need the h pipe. they do the same thing, and go in the same spot

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Yeah you really don't NEED a cross over at all. The firing order is different on the 6 as apposed to the v8. So you could really just have the y cut at the cats and go straight back with no cross over.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Pacesetter is the brand, Crossover pipes would be an H-pipe or a X-pipe, ill try to get a pic of the pacesetter adapter tomorrow;)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I wouldn't really recommend getting an offroad pipe, it could cause you problems with emissions inspections, even safety inspection, and it will cause you problems if you try to trade the car in like that for sure. In other words, if you must mess with the cats, at least keep two high flows on and have it emissions legal, it will still perform about as well, and won't have the other implications.;)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
ok here are the pics i was able to take. not much:( cuz my friend has my jack, so i drove up on some bricks:rolleyes: ,lol....
In the 1st pic thats right behind the cats on the modified y pipe, and the 2nd pic shows it as a whole

Attachments

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have a Mac Catted H on my GT, I had to end up putting Mils emilinators on the O2 sensors because I kept on getting CES lights all the time with high flow cats on there, apparently there was enough extra pollution getting past the high flow cats to make the O2s think it was polluting too much.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts