Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.macperformance.com/garageTalk/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=937

i guess this means i will be selling my catted h-pipe...what ever happened to 50 state legal? :disgust: I wonder if a muffler shop can put all four of my stock cats right between the lt headers and mufflers, b/c i am not gonna fail emmisions. there has got to be a possible way to have lt's and be street legal... o well.
I am leaning toward turbo mufflers, but still slightly considering melowtones. The turbos are cheaper and not quite as loud. I don't really want a very loud car, i want it to be louder than stock but not flowmaster loud, any suggestions?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have a mac pro-chamber, best investment besides my gears. I just do the swap back to stock when I have to pass smog.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you pay to have that done or do you put the cats back yourself, b/c with lt headers, i would have to put my stock headers and everything back which would be a PITA to the max.
Thanks for the reply

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:wtf2: did i say i had a stock h? lol, anyway, i would like suggestions on the lt headers, h-pipe, and mufflers if possible. thanks

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Well for one find out what Tenneessees emissions are. Colorado doesnt have the same emission standards as California and I am willing to bet Tenneessee is different as well

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ya Californias suck a$$. That is why I am scared to get cams. Don't have the money to go back & forth. :banghead:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ya I do it myself, won't do it again without my friends lift though. I am stick of putting that thing on my damn chest. My arms get too tired.

·
Registered
517 Posts
triple post, btw did he just say h-pipe again? lol :lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
the reason a catted mac h won't pass colorado emissions is becuz most of colorade is anywhere from half a mile to a mile above sea level. the air is thinner there, thus, more easily polluted

i was told by the murfreesboro emission's people last time i went (september) that custom exhaust would be perfectly legal as long as there are visible functional catalytic converters

·
Registered
517 Posts
Damn, & I thought Cali was hard to pass. :disgust:

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys, and also: a chip will fix the problem of me running rich correct? and is the best place American Motorsport? thanks

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yes, get the predator. That will make it even out. :)

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
crap...ok, if I got a single program chip from american motorsport and all i would really be using it for would be to fix the running rich thing, what all would i need to reprogram it or whatever for gears and other stuff...also, how much does sending it in for a reburn cost?

I want my exhaust put on but i gotta figure all this stuff out :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
517 Posts
I am not sure about the cost, you would have to call. But I would do the chip last. Especially if you are gonna pay to have it burned.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, i dont want to wait because i dont want to run rich until the summer when i can get my gears and such.

also, i apologize for my panic above, i have done some reading and am more educated on the matter (not that i know much but enough to not spaz out about it) :lol:

i think i will get the 6 program chip for 350 and have one for advanced fuel economy and one for performance (if i can do that, which i think i can)...then i will send it in for a reburn in the summer. thanks

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wait if you havn't bought anything yet, get the Diablo Predator. You will not be disappointed. I thought you already bought it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
SpectorV said:
alabama has no emmisions, we just have a decible law.
They just make it harder & harder for everyone.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts