Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have these or know someone who does?
I need some input
:oops:

·
Registered
941 Posts
all i can say is my MAC shorties look like they were welded by high school kids, and they didn't mount flush even, and i have an exhaust leak that i haven't been able to fix. i know nothing about JBA, but it gets my vote because it can't get worse than MAC.

·
Registered
941 Posts
JBA doesn't make longtubes? I'm pretty sure anyone that would make one length would make the more popular LT's...

weren't the MAC LT's for some reason or another associated with GT's burning oil... i remember reading up on some freak correlation with some late model GT's having definitive problems with some sort of LT's.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Dom said:
To many bad comments from MAC. Even though JBA is short tube, they gotta be better than MAC.
longtubes are better than shorttubes in just about everything.

Mac just has quality control problems, otherwise its a decent product.

I'll be getting LT's in a few weeks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok now . who has MAC long tubes on a v-6? I know they make them

I am building an '83 'vert with an '87 v-6 motor (pre FI ) cause my car is carbed,I dont wanna change it. I will be running a Edelbrock 300cfm holly based 4 bbl on a morana (or whom ever) intake .I am also running a 4.2 bottom end ,flexplate to damper ,pistons and rods (which dropped into my '87 block) and will be running a cam from RGR, with p+p heads and upgraded valves.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
v6stanger, ok yes maybe I do .but I wish to see them on a car or at least a set in my hands to see if they will fit my application where you at in B-more?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm in the White Marsh and Bel Air Area. My buddy Dan Haga lives down the street and he's got the mac longtubes on his car I'm sure he'd let you take a look at them one day if you came up.

Mine are just sitting in my room.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have longtubes and had no problems with flush alignment to the heads. I used new gaskets though.

The install was a pain and I kept retightenting the header bolts for a good 2 weeks after just to make sure everything was tight.

Since I may be going blown, it will be worth it, if I don't, it was a waste.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
V6Stanger, if I paid for you alls gas and time, would you and your bud come up on a sunday (when I'm off) to compare clearences while my engine is still in the car before it goes to the painter? My car is immobile due to disassembly or I'd drive it down. I'm about a 2 hour drive from your location.

plus dinner is on me for you both (spouses included) car is due at the painter's on April 1, 2004

·
Registered
34 Posts
Zach can I go? I can be your spouce.
-Brooks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts