Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to order some longtubes for the six. I see some pacesetters on American Muscle for 204.00

I also see some Mac Longtubes with a ceramic coating on Stangmods for 359.99.

Have at it, give me the pro's and con's to each. My car is lowered just shy of 2" so I'm concerned about clearence issues. I'm mainly looking for those that have actual experience with either of these, and what they think after owning them. I am leaning towards the Mac, I don't mind spending more money for quality, but once again just looking for others experiences with either product.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
dont have experience but i would say go with the Mac. they have alot of good products. those are the headers i want to eventually put on the gt someday

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
After watching every youtube video possible with longtubes on the 3.8, I'm not hearing a difference over how mine sounds now....for almost 400 bucks and the hassle of getting them installed, I'm not see that it's going to be worth my time.

The slight additional performance gains would be welcome, but I would drop in the long tube pretty much to give her a better sound, and I don't think I'm going to get that.

Right now she has duals, h-pipe, no cats, and two flowmaster 40's. They are currently dumped before the axle, but as soon as the new gt bumper gets painted and put on I'll run the pipes out the back again.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
After watching every youtube video possible with longtubes on the 3.8, I'm not hearing a difference over how mine sounds now....for almost 400 bucks and the hassle of getting them installed, I'm not see that it's going to be worth my time.
i think they really sound badass with a cam. i saw a video of a before and after of a v6 with a cam,stock headers, and an off road x, then they recorded it with mac lt's and an off road h and it sound soooooo good!! plus im sure u get more power benefits from the lt's

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I don't plan on doing a cam at this point, but I may.

Right now I'm leaning toward adding a mac prochamber, mac long tubes, and switching from the 40's to the flow 10's like robb15033's setup. I really like the way his sounds

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
I don't plan on doing a cam at this point, but I may.

Right now I'm leaning toward adding a mac prochamber, mac long tubes, and switching from the 40's to the flow 10's like robb15033's setup. I really like the way his sounds
i think the 10's r just loud and dont sound too good imo. thats just me though. how does the prochamber sound? does it make it more quiet?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah!, i was thinkg to do the same thing on mine... but i will keep my flow 40`s...

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
his car sounds good. the prochamber compliments the 10's and dont make it sound bad like they usually sound.

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
I have the 10 series on my 5.0 and love it with An h pipe and putting long tubes on ur car might nor help with sound a lot but will help with performance if Iam not mistaken ur year came with exhaust manifolds and not shorty headers like my year so there could be a little jump in performance but Iam no expert lol

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Get the pacesetters and have some flanges welded on if you're looking for something to just bolt on, if not just have them welded to the exhaust, I did that until I started having to change out heads a lot lol

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I got my MAC longtubes from MAC themselves. The ProChamber too. There was a person I spoke to who seemed to handle V6 parts specifically. Parts were shipped same day, when standard ProChamber was out of stock, he shipped me the stainless steel mid-pipe instead. That was a bonus!! -I love the site stangmods.com cause they cater to the V6 really nice.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got my MAC longtubes from MAC themselves. The ProChamber too. There was a person I spoke to who seemed to handle V6 parts specifically. Parts were shipped same day, when standard ProChamber was out of stock, he shipped me the stainless steel mid-pipe instead. That was a bonus!! -I love the site stangmods.com cause they cater to the V6 really nice.
Hey robb, I love your setup and MUST have it!

Which prochamber did you get? I see one on american muscle for the newer sixxes, and for the gt's. I'm going to get the mac ceramic longtubes. I'm just seeing a few different prochambers on the mac site as well. I'm going to pull the flow 40's I have out and give them to a friend, and replace them with the flow 10's. That should be the same setup you have right?

I did think I read that you have your cats in. Are they stock? Or high flow?

I currently have no cats and I'm afraid it's not going to sound like yours does.

I currently have a custom H-pipe, are you running an h or x pipe, or divorced duals?

Forgive me for not doing a PM, I tried, I really did, but the concept evaded me....

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I got this same one from MAC (they upgraded mine to stainless steel because this one was out of stock)MAC Off-road Pro Chamber Shorty Mid-Pipe (96-98 GT) PC2900 - Free Shipping!
-I did think I read that you have your cats in. Are they stock? Or high flow?
I have a set of hi-flow cats.
-I currently have no cats and I'm afraid it's not going to sound like yours does.
I recommend the hi-flow cats for sound, performance, & environment.
-I currently have a custom H-pipe, are you running an h or x pipe, or divorced duals?

After the headers, then the cats, it is piped into the ProChamber mid-pipe, then back out to the mufflers.(If that makes sense)

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Makes pefect sense, thanks for the help. Im going to order a set of high flow cats, that pro chamber and the flow 10's. Also looks like im going to have to get some o2 extentions as per your picture.

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
I would go Catless save ur self money and get better flow and sounds pretty good but that's just my opinion

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Ooo alright sounds good man do w.e you like man good luck with everything

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
My car sounds good without cats :cry: lol

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Trying to order some longtubes for the six. I see some pacesetters on American Muscle for 204.00

I also see some Mac Longtubes with a ceramic coating on Stangmods for 359.99.

Have at it, give me the pro's and con's to each. My car is lowered just shy of 2" so I'm concerned about clearence issues. I'm mainly looking for those that have actual experience with either of these, and what they think after owning them. I am leaning towards the Mac, I don't mind spending more money for quality, but once again just looking for others experiences with either product.
Makes pefect sense, thanks for the help. Im going to order a set of high flow cats, that pro chamber and the flow 10's. Also looks like im going to have to get some o2 extentions as per your picture.
Project Pony,

I'm confident you'll love both brand headers that you mentioned above! Either way, they'll sound pretty nasty and will definitely add some decent power.

It sounds like you've decided on a set up and I agree, your Six will sound sick that set up! I'd be happy to assist you, let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

1 - 20 of 45 Posts