1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
That was probably me!!! :p: Because evenually down the road, you're going to need and want a true dual exhaust kit. The only good thing about this kit is no welding it required. Your best bet is to get a h-pipe and some gt-take-offs and get some mufflers welding in place of the stock ones.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I defenitely agree about the dual exhaust. It is extremely pointless to get a dual exhaust that hooks up directly to your y pipe becasue it's purely cosmetic. you will see no hp gain with the y pipe. at least with an h pipe you will get some hp and a good look and a better sound. put that extra cash from the mufflers you wanted and get a good h pip and cat back.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
bigpomps said:
I defenitely agree about the dual exhaust. It is extremely pointless to get a dual exhaust that hooks up directly to your y pipe becasue it's purely cosmetic. you will see no hp gain with the y pipe. at least with an h pipe you will get some hp and a good look and a better sound. put that extra cash from the mufflers you wanted and get a good h pip and cat back.
AHHHH, very good daniel-son. You are much wiser in the ways of mustang modifaction. :D

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
The main reasoning behind the method to my madness is that Y to Y junction becomes a bottleneck in the exhaust. ANd as we all know, bottle necks are not a good thing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i definitely agree as well...i have true dual dumps with flowmasters and aftermarket cats...adds some power and has a nice sound..i definitely wouldnt go with any of the bolt on catbacks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts