Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was woundering, what would happen if I put on a mach 1 gauge cluster on a 2003 v6 stang? Would my needle mark correct? or mark as if i had my v6 gauges?

·
I liek gramer
8,246 Posts
the Mach 1 i think has GT gauges. You're speedo would be off and definitely need recalibrated for it to work properly on your six.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
i think the mach's gauges are a lil diff then GT ones, but thats besides the point..like whitestang said above, it will need to be recalibrated to work with those increments in mph

·
I liek gramer
8,246 Posts
well, whether or not they are the same as GT gauges, they will not work properly on your six unless recalibrated. Speed Cal is something you could look into. I don't have one, but some ppl on here do.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I personally wouldn't do it. If you are wanting to get some different gages look into something like Speedhut.com they have tons of things that should be to your liking

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
I'm not sure you really would need to get your car calibrated. If you took the entire cluster from a GT it just might work. The calibration is usually in the cluster itself. Like on my car I have a 150mph speedometer, and for to make it work correctly, I needed to change out the drive gear in the transmission and change the cluster that's all. The 99+ models don't have a drive gear so you might just get lucky. it's worth a shot I'd say!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tedness said:
someone wrapped their mach1 around a light pole a while back. maybe they still have it to sell the cluster :p
Well maybe you could help me out........ :idea: try them out on your car and tell me if it works...

·
Premium Member
595 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
not to mention the redline on the mach is ALOT higher than the GT's or V-6's. I think you would have to have your ECU reflashed in order to make them work right

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
might be better off going to speedhut and seeing if they can custom make a set for you that ressembles the mach-1 guages so you dont have to go through the trouble of calabration and flashing the ecu

1 - 14 of 14 Posts