Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gutted the mach 460 and have both factory rear panel amps in perfect working order And the stock headunit that is the am/fm stereo with cassette And the lower cd player as well. The top unit is perfect and the cd unit works perfect except the lights on the right side of the unit do not light up the Shuffle and COMP buttons very well. I also have six 2.5' mach tweeters, 2 of which are brand new, and 2 6x8 woofers from it and one 6.5" woofer. all from mach 460 so if you want to upgrade to newer speakers or add anything let me know. If you are interested just post.

Thanks
Ted

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
I wonder, is it possible to double your Mach 460 system... I have it, could I add more speakers and amps? I wouldn't really have a place for them, but maybe like on the sides in the back seat... is that possible? I'd probably have to wire them and all that, and cut into my car, but oh well, not like it hasn't been done before. Just money to fix it :(... that's what my boss kept telling me... it's just money. That'd give me more sound, more ''surround sound'' feel.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that the Mach is all that horrible but..........why would you want to double it? It is easier just getting rid of it than it is to double it. you would need factory harnesses, plugs, etc. It would not be worth it in most cases, even though you are most welcome to buy my stuff and try it out! I could attempt to snip the harnesses for you but i would not have any idea which wires are which.

Ted

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
How much would you want for the sub, 6x8's, and amps? Just being curious

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think $50 is out of line considering they are hard to come by used AND perfect working order. Ford or Visteon would rape you on them. let me know, I am in 53546 zip code Janesville, WI

Ted

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Hm...dunno. Just looking for something else to add to the car. I just took out 2 12 inch Pioneers and sold them so I dunno...

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
I have considered tweeters too, would it be possible to put them where the Mach sound system has them if i dont have a mach?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It did'nt die I just only have access to interent while i am at work. I will respond more cordially today some time!

Ted

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
White stang- for pretty cheap you can get the mach 460 tweeter housings from you ford dealer. my employye cost was only $20 so retail can't be more htan 30-40 a piece. They will come with new tweeters in them. Then you will just have to buy new grilles to get them...my own parts dept. can't even find the part number for them! Late model restoration supply (aka 50resto) has them in their catalog for 20somethin a piece. I believe they have a great online site as well. Keep us posted!

Ted

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
alright, thanks.This is sort of one of those considering eventually things, no plans for now, unless something happens where it becomes really easy for me to do this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts