Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an aftermarket deck in my 35th anniversary with the mach 460 sound system, all I get through the speakers is treble, no bass at all. If I get the scosche adapter will I finally get bass through the speakers? Can I leave the amps hooked up as well? any ideas let me know, im getting tired of the treble. :shock: :twisted:

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
I can't answer your ? but what u really need is some subs :D My trunk is so lose from bass that when i hit bumps it rattles bad, i need to tighten all the bolt up

·
Banned
9,903 Posts
the mach 460 is a aftermarket car audio person worst nightmare. What the Schoshe adapter does is let your new cd player that you install push the power through the factory amps The problem with this is you coul;d actually end up burning out your amps due to this and should you ever put it back to factory to sell the car the amps might not work.

This thread might help you out as well
http://www.v6stangs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4378

·
Registered
214 Posts
i'd like to get a new head unit for my 460 system. but it sounds like a pain.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info, i am going to try the adapter for now, but when I get the money I will upgrade to better speakers.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I think you just need to get rid of that poor excuse of a radio called the Mach 460 cause it sucks. Thats my opinion. Def do upgrade :!: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1 Posts
WorkHorseCA said:
Get the mach 1000 upgrade from
http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/catalog/Ford_Mustang/Audio/

I agree, unless you want to go with gut-pounding bass. Then I'd go to after market setup. But dynomat or Acumat your trunk area so it doesnt shake or vibrate its ass off. I have 1252Audiobahn(i think thats the number) 12 inch subs, only hooked one up so far in my convertible with a tinya$$ amp and have been having ear aches, waiting for my hardtop and a bigger amp to power both them up.

If not just go with the mach1000 they are nice

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brent said:
the mach 460 is a aftermarket car audio person worst nightmare. What the Schoshe adapter does is let your new cd player that you install push the power through the factory amps The problem with this is you coul;d actually end up burning out your amps due to this and should you ever put it back to factory to sell the car the amps might not work.

This thread might help you out as well
http://www.v6stangs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4378
I ran a sony deck through my Mach 460 with the Schoshe adapter and now i am back to stock, I had no issues at all.

·
Registered
214 Posts
thank mach 1000 looks awesome. but i would go aftermarket

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think stupidity should hurt, the dumb a$$ that had the car before me d!cked all the wiring up when he installed his aftermarket system, in which he didnt install new 6x8's. Was trying to install my new aftermarket speakers and had everything torn apart and noticed that he cut the wires to the stock 6x8's and now I cant splice into them since I cant figure out what he did with all the wires. All he had hooked up was the small little tweeters in the front and the rear. So a 2 hour job just turned into a all day job. And I say again, stupidity should hurt. :oops: :smashfreak: :oops:

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Warfire80 said:
I think stupidity should hurt, the dumb a$$ that had the car before me d!cked all the wiring up when he installed his aftermarket system, in which he didnt install new 6x8's. Was trying to install my new aftermarket speakers and had everything torn apart and noticed that he cut the wires to the stock 6x8's and now I cant splice into them since I cant figure out what he did with all the wires. All he had hooked up was the small little tweeters in the front and the rear. So a 2 hour job just turned into a all day job. And I say again, stupidity should hurt. :oops: :smashfreak: :oops:
Same with my car, the guy fucked up all the headunit wires when he installed the 6 cd changer. I took it apart and rewired everything. Took about 6 hours to install my whole system, was running wire to amps and it was very time consumming

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
test

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
woohoo, I figured everything out and got the speakers working :banana:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts