1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Is your system totally stock? Head unit and all

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Convertible? Reason I ask is because I had the problem until the bass just eventually stopped working, turned out to he a leak in the back of my vert I didn't even know about that shorted and killed my amps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a hardtop. The amp for the front just cuts out, the unamplified sound still works but the amp cuts out. I think the reason is it gets too hot. But I just dont know for what reason. I got a used one from a used parts place in South Carolina and replaced it and it does the same thing. In the trunk it is the one on the left. Under the sound chamber for the rear speakers. So you are saying it could be a partial short in the wiring somewhere?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
thompson1693 said:
Its a hardtop. The amp for the front just cuts out, the unamplified sound still works but the amp cuts out. I think the reason is it gets too hot. But I just dont know for what reason. I got a used one from a used parts place in South Carolina and replaced it and it does the same thing. In the trunk it is the one on the left. Under the sound chamber for the rear speakers. So you are saying it could be a partial short in the wiring somewhere?
That would be my best guess, something's going on in the wiring, by you using a seperate amp and its doing the same thing shows its most likely not a problem with the amp itself

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was hoping that was not the problem. Hate to start digging into the wiring, it could be anywhere. The wiring from front to back runs under the doors under the molding right? Any suggestions where to start?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts