Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 mach1 and was wanting to know what would be good things to get good power out of my car. I have a short throw shifter, cold air, full exhaust, eibach springs, and superchips tuner. I might be forgetting something but would just like some help on what could be good next. Thinking stock supercharger off cobra what you guys think? I'm putting Manley h beam rods in now so rods won't be a problem anymore
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oldkid said:
Have a budget? Is this your daily?
After I get it back together it will be my daily driver again. I only had it a month and had the motor go. Just getting it back together hopefully only a couple weeks left. I'm using a friends truck until I get it going. But it's been apart for about 6 months. And yeah I do have a budget not wanting to spend any more then about 2k more on it but that's only mods. I already have everything else paid for which was about 1700 to get things right after it messed up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Bigger throttle body, more spark, and more air. and a tune. Only my .02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oldkid said:
Bigger throttle body, more spark, and more air. and a tune. Only my .02
Thanks for the advise much apretiated

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Anybody know how to tell what grade piston I should put back in my just by numbers on stock one. Called dealership and they said the offer three different grades all stock size, but they said they don't know how to tell which one I need. Kinda confused me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,140 Posts
Mxwilly387 said:
Thanks for the advise much apretiated

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Anybody know how to tell what grade piston I should put back in my just by numbers on stock one. Called dealership and they said the offer three different grades all stock size, but they said they don't know how to tell which one I need. Kinda confused me
Use the forged ones out of the cobra, if you are using forged rods
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just replacing one of them. Trying to find out how I can get info off it to let them know what grade it is tho. I don't have the money as of now to replace all of them. I'm waiting on money from something by end of year to get more performance stuff tho. Just trying to get it where I can drive her again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everything I've heard about the motors is rods are the weakest point and pistons arnt that bad. I know of a friend with 2001 cobra spraying a 150 shot on his which has same rotating assembly as mine from what I'm aware of and never had a problem. When I boost I want no more then like 10lbs. Cause 10lbs still makes a good difference
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,140 Posts
Mxwilly387 said:
I'm just replacing one of them. Trying to find out how I can get info off it to let them know what grade it is tho. I don't have the money as of now to replace all of them. I'm waiting on money from something by end of year to get more performance stuff tho. Just trying to get it where I can drive her again
The 3 different pistons are color coded for size the colors are either red , yellow , or blue I'm not sure where the color marking is , but maybe the Mach 1registry has someway to show you, or maybe Azure will pop in and he might know !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anybody happen to know what the W2 on the top of the piston means. I've seen some have W2 and W3 on them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Azure said:
I'm not sure. I didn't find squat in my initial search. I'll keep looking. :good:
Thanks boss. Nice having other people lookin out for you on here. Don't find that to much now days
 

·
Lorraine's driver
Joined
·
8,197 Posts
Here's a list of specs for a Mach1. The internals are near the bottom of the website.

http://www.mach1registry.com/Specs/Specs.htm

Man, I couldn't find anything about the markings on the pistons. I guess it could mean anything from locations of what plant the part was built in to what year Mach it goes. Hard to tell for sure.

Personally, I would like having a built N/A setup. I'm not exactly sure what kind of options we have as far as HP and TQ bolt ons, other than the typical stuff everyone does. The bad thing about adding HP is that eventually you'll need to upgrade the supporting cast too, like tranny, rear diff, etc. Keep doing some research to help you decide. :good:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Azure said:
Here's a list of specs for a Mach1. The internals are near the bottom of the website.

http://www.mach1registry.com/Specs/Specs.htm

Man, I couldn't find anything about the markings on the pistons. I guess it could mean anything from locations of what plant the part was built in to what year Mach it goes. Hard to tell for sure.

Personally, I would like having a built N/A setup. I'm not exactly sure what kind of options we have as far as HP and TQ bolt ons, other than the typical stuff everyone does. The bad thing about adding HP is that eventually you'll need to upgrade the supporting cast too, like tranny, rear diff, etc. Keep doing some research to help you decide. :good:
Well that did answer my question on something I really needed so thanks a lot man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Azure said:
No prob! I'll post up if I come across anything down the road. :good:
I'm thinking about starting a thread askin people what all superchargers they put on there 32v motor and how much it cost you think I could get good info from that?
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top