Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont what to do to my stang. I dont want to spend alot of money. But a want some mods done to my car. My car is a 03 auto v6. Please help. Already have dual exhaust. I want something to actually show up on the dyno. I dont want to get brushed off anymore by import guys because i have no mods.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
All you need to do is read all the post in this area and get a very good understanding of the mods available and their cost. But here is a quick rundown.

Rear end gears = Make you quicker also the biggest bang for the buck without going into the motor

Bolt-ons = UDPs, CAI, shift kit and SCT chip programmed for 92-93 octane will give you a nice small increase in power

Nitrous = Best bang to get big HP period for $600 you get 75-100 HP and slap most of those goofy import guy around like a old rag

Engine Mods = Not the cheap way around but this is singularly the safest way to major HP and a good step to Supercharging

·
Registered
61 Posts
just spend some money and port out the intake manifolds and the heads and get yourself a cam and LAUGH at the imports lol

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
there is no cheap mod to boost dyno results by a more than 10rwhp/tq basis.. and if you get that much your doing good.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
pulley = crap.

nitrous, 4.10 gears with posi, cai

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Pulleys own. You can't beat 5-10 hp for 120 bucks. ANd thats 5-10 throguhout the powerband. Not just up top..

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I hate pulleys on 99+'s The pullies are around $150. Then you have to deal with a harmonic balancer which is more. The whole thing ends up costing over $200 and then $30ish for a new belt... all for 5hp. Thats $45 per ONE hp. If I spent that much on nitrous, I would be getting a 450whp shot for that price. when put in perspective, $10-20/hp is reasonable. more than double that is way too much.

Even on my 98, I didnt feel them, if at all. I just think on 99+s they are pure utter waste of money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts