Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

I just wanted to share my mods list with you , thought you will help improving it , i didnt get my mustang yet but since im in kuwait and shipping costs sucks , and ill buy the mustang from the US already , ive decided to buy the mods all together and ship them with the car .

So here's the list
Short shifter : MGW
Lowering kit : dont know what to go with but i dont want to lower it much , 1 to 1.5 is enough and i want a good ride
CAI : airaid vs steeda
IM : boss
Headers : thinking about kooks but not sure
Exhaust : dont know what to go with
Mufflers : varex , remote control mufflers so that i can turn them from loud to silent , it may sound odd but its illegal to have a loud car in kuwait so this is my solution
Tuner : sct itsx
And thinking about LCA , UCA , pinhard bar , one piece drive shaft , i dont know if im going to need them
Gears : it will already have a 3.73 so i dont think ill need to change that

And i have a question about tuning , whats better getting a bama custom tune , or tune it at the dino here after installing all mods ? I want to make as much HP as i can N/A .

Thats it for my list , any thing you think i should add , any comment , im open for suggestions

P.S: i want to make a complete list that i dont have to add anything later on , except a supercharger and some wheels but thats coming later

Thanks all

Attachments

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
if you do that muffler, your going to have to change the entire exhaust to a 3" system, so if you replace the stock headers fine, if not the same, but the h-pipe and over axle pipes will have to be changed out so they don't change from 3" to 2.75".

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you do that muffler, your going to have to change the entire exhaust to a 3" system, so if you replace the stock headers fine, if not the same, but the h-pipe and over axle pipes will have to be changed out so they don't change from 3" to 2.75".
Didnt quite get that , can you explain more , whats the usual aftermarket exhaust diameter ? They offer the same muffler with 2.5 , 2.75 , 3 " diameter i can go with any one , but i thought 3" is what i need

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Didnt quite get that , can you explain more , whats the usual aftermarket exhaust diameter ? They offer the same muffler with 2.5 , 2.75 , 3 " diameter i can go with any one , but i thought 3" is what i need
The mustang goes from 3" at the headers into the H pipe which than changes too 2.75" all the way through the rest of the exhaust. If you don't switch out the entire exhaust to be 3" then get that muffler in 2.75"

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The mustang goes from 3" at the headers into the H pipe which than changes too 2.75" all the way through the rest of the exhaust. If you don't switch out the entire exhaust to be 3" then get that muffler in 2.75"
Thats the stock exhaust size ? My plan is to change the whole exhaust , and then just change the mufflers

·
Registered
297 Posts
Speaking of exhaust, does anyone know if you have to weld the JBA off road X pipe to stock exhaust system? i want to sell my side exhaust and upgrade to that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also what headers - H or X pipe - over axle do you recommend ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would recommend LT's over shorties without a doubt, brand is objective and more about money and taste in sound
What about kooks headers ? They are not as long as all others but i like them

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

long tube over short tune headers

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
What about kooks headers ? They are not as long as all others but i like them
The Kooks mid lengths are a great header. If you're staying N/A, then go with the 1 3/4.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Great , i always loved kooks headers . What H - X pipe is best with it ? , and can i choose any over axle pipes ?
You must use the Kooks midpipe with their headers. Either their x or h pipe. Any over axle pipes will work. I have the kooks catback and I love it. Top notch quality and some of the best looking tips out there.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts