Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I decided to put my AM CAI back on and clean my IAC. I put the CAI on and cleaned the IAC with TB cleaner and started the car... the car started to turn over but didnt, the second time it started and lost rpms then got them back and idled like never before (idled good), I drove it around the block and had to take the IAC off and put back on due to bad gasket and noticed the MAF was unpluged! I pluged it back in and started the car and it idled like normal, the pop and unanble to maintane a smooth rpm. My question is could my car have a tune were it can run with out the MAF?

Also NO LIGHTS CAME ON when the MAF was unpluged!

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
I don't see how u would tune out the maf.it is pretty much required to keep the motor running good.as the car and/or air temps change the maf automatically adjust the fuel system.the efi won't work well without it.it should throw a code,just maybe u didn't drive it long enough without it plugged in.also since u drove it without it,it is possible u may have to drive it 20-30 miles to let the ecm relearn its parameters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts