Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just a quick question. I have an 89 ls 5.0 and I want to start upgrading things on it and I was going to start with the Maf. Can I get a larger one and just put it in with out doing anything to the computer?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
So can I get a new bigger maf and put it on without upgrading everything else right away?
no dont think so...maf will be reading it wants more air with the fuel its getting...i think

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
shawnpbigelow said:
So can I get a new bigger maf and put it on without upgrading everything else right away?
I would wait till you need it.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

If you found a great deal on one or something pick it up and just install it when you need it.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Hey everyone. Just a quick question. I have an 89 ls 5.0 and I want to start upgrading things on it and I was going to start with the Maf. Can I get a larger one and just put it in with out doing anything to the computer?
You can as long as it is calibrated for your injector size, but it won't do you much good until your engine has been modded enough to take advantage of the extra air flow it will provided.

Look at the ABACO MAF

It can be tuned/recalibrated for various injector sizes using your PC or Laptop without having to send it in to be recalibrated when you change injectors.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
You're Welcome.
Good luck with your build. :good:

·
Registered
297 Posts
I put a 96 modular tbird maf housing and it work fine I just grinded the center off to allow for more air to flow by with less restrictions

·
Registered
297 Posts
Im running #19 injectors and it works fine with some tunning

ForumRunner_20111024_200407.png

·
Registered
297 Posts
I didnt buy an adapter I made my own lol im that why pay when you can do make it your self kind of guy lol project budget and owner on a butget

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Stockish302 said:
I didnt buy an adapter I made my own lol im that why pay when you can do make it your self kind of guy lol project budget and owner on a butget
Me too lol. I paid 5 bucks for the housing and 15 for the adapter to put a CAI on.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I was bored today so i tuck it off and measured the inlet and the outlet of the maf housing its 80mm on the inlet and 75mm on the outlet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts