Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received and installed my Magnaflow Competition Axlebacks. First off, the factory mufflers are a chore to get off. The Magnaflows go on very easy and align up great. There is a significant increase in exhaust sound but not overbearing at all. Some people have said these things drone a lot. I don't have much, if any drone. My 94 cobra with off road xpipe and Magnaflow fatback had some drone to it.

The Magnaflow competition Axlebacks sound good and are a little aggressive. I highly recommend them.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
What is the drone you are talking about? On the prowl for exhaust for my '12 v6
Its a really loud and annoying sound coming from your exhaust at certain rpms, you only really hear it while cruising at a certain rpm. It doesn't bother all people though (if you like a loud exhaust). Certain Flowmasters are notorious for drone.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
aegischief said:
I just received and installed my Magnaflow Competition Axlebacks. First off, the factory mufflers are a chore to get off. The Magnaflows go on very easy and align up great. There is a significant increase in exhaust sound but not overbearing at all. Some people have said these things drone a lot. I don't have much, if any drone. My 94 cobra with off road xpipe and Magnaflow fatback had some drone to it.

The Magnaflow competition Axlebacks sound good and are a little aggressive. I highly recommend them.
Post a vid and don't rev it high!!!!

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Soccerluvr4 said:
Its a really loud and annoying sound coming from your exhaust at certain rpms, you only really hear it while cruising at a certain rpm. It doesn't bother all people though (if you like a loud exhaust). Certain Flowmasters are notorious for drone.
It's not annoying. I love it....for about two hours then my girlfriend starts cranking my radio or screaming to talk to me so I can hear her lol anyway, most drone is at 1.5-2.5k rpm and sometimes at 45 and highway speeds. It varies with exhaust but that's how straight piping was for me. Never again, never again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts