Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying not to make another typical exhaust thread, but I'm trying to plan out a mustang "wish list" of sorts and the exhaust is where I'm getting stuck. I'm eventually going for power adders, and I want a deep muscle car sound. I'm thinking that I should get a catback in preparation for a full exhaust down the road. After listening to different exhausts, it seems that the magnaflow competition series will give me a deeper note than the borla Atak (and its also cheaper). It also looks like different shops are using this exhaust on their project cars. So I want to hear your opinions. Does the magnaflow competition catback seem like the best way to go? Or is there another catback out there that will give me a better balance of performance and deep sound? I'm pretty sure this is the one I want, but I want to make sure I'm not overlooking another brand.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
395 Posts
I don't really have anything to compare it to but I've had the magna comp on mine for over a year now and love the sound. It's definitely loud and deep. I'm sure you'd be happy with it!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! Sounds like a winner to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a full magnaflow exhaust includes competition catback and off-road x-pipe. It's a little bit loud, but unique... No cars have the same sound...)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Yes it's real it looks like that but I can't really get a pic from behind so I got that off the Internet
"Serious dedication".... :uhh:
Magnaflow makes great products. I have their catback on my 5.0-which is just enough of an improvement, for me, without any drone:cool:... I also had their mufflers, on my first Lightning..

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yea I know my sleeves r almost done I have my son on one arm and my other in the other arm and I have that on my back of my neck now I'm starting on my back

1 - 15 of 15 Posts