Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to an exhaust shop with my dad and to be curious I asked how much it would be to add Magnaflow Dual exhaust to my car and they said $375. I was about to order the Magnaflow Dual Catback off American Muscle for $638. If I went with the shop would an X pipe be alright? Also, if this was your decision which would you pick? I don't have enough money to re-do it if I don't like it. I'm just a little nervous with the shop price being so much cheaper that it makes me wonder if there is something fishy. Opinions appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for helping me even though my questions were pretty stupid. I will take my car straight to the exhaust shop once it gets out of the body shop, lol.

·
Registered
607 Posts
dudeitsdylan said:
Thanks for helping me even though my questions were pretty stupid. I will take my car straight to the exhaust shop once it gets out of the body shop, lol.
Anytime

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
I went to an exhaust shop with my dad and to be curious I asked how much it would be to add Magnaflow Dual exhaust to my car and they said $375. I was about to order the Magnaflow Dual Catback off American Muscle for $638. If I went with the shop would an X pipe be alright? Also, if this was your decision which would you pick? I don't have enough money to re-do it if I don't like it. I'm just a little nervous with the shop price being so much cheaper that it makes me wonder if there is something fishy. Opinions appreciated, thanks.
dudeitsdylan,

Like listed in this thread, a full aftermarket system is more expensive because it's a full kit ready to go and can just be bolted on. Getting a custom exhaust made is cheaper because they piece it together!

Either option is great IMO. Just make sure the shop is using the same Magnaflow mufflers that we offer and that they use stainless piping. If they use a different type of metal it will most likely rust out within a few years.

Just something to keep in mind! Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dan

·
Registered
809 Posts
AMDanBailer said:
dudeitsdylan,

Like listed in this thread, a full aftermarket system is more expensive because it's a full kit ready to go and can just be bolted on. Getting a custom exhaust made is cheaper because they piece it together!

Either option is great IMO. Just make sure the shop is using the same Magnaflow mufflers that we offer and that they use stainless piping. If they use a different type of metal it will most likely rust out within a few years.

Just something to keep in mind! Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dan

·
Registered
352 Posts
Theirs the exact same magnaflow kit on eBay that's on American muscle for half the price I think it's $350 buy it now and $250 starting bid

1 - 9 of 9 Posts