Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,669 Posts
You don't need a tune for a off road mid pipe. The only reason you tune with a off road is to shut off the CEL. As far as it voiding the warranty.....not sure. I'm sure you could throw the stock mid pipe back on when you take it in and play dumb.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
You don't need a tune for a off road mid pipe. The only reason you tune with a off road is to shut off the CEL. As far as it voiding the warranty.....not sure. I'm sure you could throw the stock mid pipe back on when you take it in and play dumb.
Could have sworn more than one person has said the fact the 02 sensors are still on, since a tune doesn't shut off the CEL it shuts off the 02 sensors will cause the car to not run as well. I forgot which it either runs way to lean or way to rich because of the rear 02 sensors still being on.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I ran my LTs and a off road mid pipe on a 45 min drive without a tune and didn't even throw a CEL. Even on the 3V the tune is just for the CEL.
so then why do they turn off the rear 02 sensors? Also I barely drove 5 mins before I was throwing error codes with mine when I first installed it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
By taking off the cats and not tuning the car after putting the magnaflow off road x on, will my warranty be voided since the ECU won't be touched
It might just be my dealership but but I asked the shop foreman at my local dealership about exhaust and he said to go crazy on everything after the cats. Then again it might just be my dealership but that sounds about right. No cats is illegal which must void warranty.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
You absolutely do need a tune to run an off road mid pipe. There's more to it than just shutting off the rear o2's. You also have to have the COT feature shut off. And yes it will void your power train warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts