Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what are some of the maintenance costs you guys are paying monthly (or yearly if that's give me a better idea) on your 11-13 GT's? I'm looking to purchase a 13 GT and I'm just not sure if the costs of owning it are pretty high..? Any repairs at all either? How is the MPG? Average MPG? Any and all information would be great!

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
I negotiated 10 oil changes when I bought my GT. every issue I've had has been covered under warranty and the only maintenance I've had to undergo was tires after 2 years.

My real expense is from the mod bug. That is never ending.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Everything under warranty, I do 1-2 oil changes/year (Amsoil), about $100 each, all the initial protective stuff adds up a little: tints ~$200, all-weather mats ~$75, trunk liner ~100, oil separator ~$125, air filter ~$50, etc. Check your oil level often for the first 10k miles, you will likely need to add. Im getting 13.5mpg but I drive mostly city and get on it a little on the highway. Thats way below what I thought Id get but Ive got 3.73s and have factory tunage. At $4 a gallon, do your math, cause it can hurt...

primer2tone said:
My real expense is from the mod bug. That is never ending.
...almost as much as this. ^ lol

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
wheelman said:
Everything under warranty, I do 1-2 oil changes/year (Amsoil), about $100 each, all the initial protective stuff adds up a little: tints ~$200, all-weather mats ~$75, trunk liner ~100, oil separator ~$125, air filter ~$50, etc. Check your oil level often for the first 10k miles, you will likely need to add. Im getting 13.5mpg but I drive mostly city and get on it a little on the highway. Thats way below what I thought Id get but Ive got 3.73s and have factory tunage. At $4 a gallon, do your math, cause it can hurt...

...almost as much as this. ^ lol
Wow...I have 3.73 gears and drive her really hard on the highway and streets always revving hard and I average around 16-18.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
nosympathy said:
Wow...I have 3.73 gears and drive her really hard on the highway and streets always revving hard and I average around 16-18.
Do you have Ethanol in your state? A lot of people report a little more, but most have some mods. Im hoping it just means Im getting more HPs but havent got it to a dyno yet.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
nosympathy said:
I have no idea. I don't think so tho. Live in south west Ohio.
Check the pump next time you get gas and see if theres a sticker saying, "contains up to 10% ethanol" or something like that. Could be a variable in mpgs.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
It really depends on what you're doing but everyone else's estimates are within reason.

The Mustang isn't a very needy car in general. If you compare it to the Dodge not sure about Chevy. But if your casually driving it's a pretty reasonable sports car.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Yeah the mod bug will hit you! I didn't know how involved they were but save room for the mods

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
wheelman said:
Check the pump next time you get gas and see if theres a sticker saying, "contains up to 10% ethanol" or something like that. Could be a variable in mpgs.
I don't remember seeing one but I've never looked either. I'll check next time.

One thing I might do different is most the city roads driving at 40mph with the 3.73 gears long as I am not going uphill I can usually shift into 6th and that probably helps a lot.

I also noticed my gas mileage got better when I took my cats off.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
wheelman said:
+1 :

Someone on the forum mentioned this before, but there is an app called pure gas, it shows you the ethanol free stations on a Map.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
UltArc said:
Tunes usually wreck mileage. Some 6ers are in the teens with a tune. Anyone here have pre/post info to add? Might be important if he is not going to tune.
Mine was with a 93R tune from bama. Can't 100% say about the before, as when I first got my tuner I had 3.31 gears and now have 3.73 gears. My MPG were 15.7 steady untuned on 3.31 gears. I attribute that to the fact that I drive mostly city and those gears are better for highway driving.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
nosympathy said:
Mine was with a 93R tune from bama. Can't 100% say about the before, as when I first got my tuner I had 3.31 gears and now have 3.73 gears. My MPG were 15.7 steady untuned on 3.31 gears. I attribute that to the fact that I drive mostly city and those gears are better for highway driving.
Before the bama 93r tune, 19-17 mpg (city only).

After 93r tune, 11.5-12. And yes, my right foot meets the floorboard often.

Other than the oil change costs (and tires since I drive... Ummm... Spirited), the car is solid with no unexpected repairs.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
nhcowboy said:
Before the bama 93r tune, 19-17 mpg (city only).

After 93r tune, 11.5-12. And yes, my right foot meets the floorboard often.

Other than the oil change costs (and tires since I drive... Ummm... Spirited), the car is solid with no unexpected repairs.
Tires will run you a good bit.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
99ford said:
Tires will run you a good bit.
Guess it depends. Local ford dealership sold me when I destroyed a tire (long story there) the stock 18" pirelli tires, sold me a single tire for 180 installed and taxes.

I looked at getting them all replaced and had some places offer me some 600-700 dollar range for some nice tires.

Not nitto n05 or anything but still lol.

Still better than my truck that is about a grand for tires.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have free oil change till the end of warranty, tires for life ( if I rotate them at every oil change. Will replace rims if destroyed by a blow out or pot holes!! And free door ding removal!! All covered under my 5 year warranty !!

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
nosympathy said:
Guess it depends. Local ford dealership sold me when I destroyed a tire (long story there) the stock 18" pirelli tires, sold me a single tire for 180 installed and taxes.

I looked at getting them all replaced and had some places offer me some 600-700 dollar range for some nice tires.

Not nitto n05 or anything but still lol.

Still better than my truck that is about a grand for tires.
That's not bad. The pirelli PZero is a great tire I got almost 60K out of mine. I just wasn't prepared to spend $600-700 on tires. I had 4 put on my Sebring for like $350.00-$400

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Tominkc said:
I have free oil change till the end of warranty, tires for life ( if I rotate them at every oil change. Will replace rims if destroyed by a blow out or pot holes!! And free door ding removal!! All covered under my 5 year warranty !!
Thats a nice deal! I like the ding coverage

·
Registered
201 Posts
Tominkc said:
Oh man would I run through some tires if I had em free for life Ahahahaha

·
Registered
374 Posts
The dealer takes care of their customers! Specially the mustangs. They know that mustangs are show cars and want to help keeping them looking good!

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Tominkc said:
The dealer takes care of their customers! Specially the mustangs. They know that mustangs are show cars and want to help keeping them looking good!
In fact I went in a bought new tires, but went a size wider for traction and only had to pay the difference in price!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts