Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey so I’m not sure if you ever fixed the issue but it sounds like your exhaust pipe is touching the frame near the cats. Just watched this video on it

·
Registered
1 Posts
2000 FORD MUSTANG 3.8... I have had a bad vibration in my car, which shakes the whole care, Vibration....got worse over the course of time (about a month or so give or take)..

1st repair shop....after process of elimination, (compression test, codes all that, all checked fine) told me it was the harmonic balancer..... changed that.... still have the vibration not as bad....

about a week later.... check engine light came on.....took it to have tested was told cylinder 3/4 misfire. (no loss of power, a couple of times got a quick couple second sluggish that is it.... my son in law was in town, and changed the plugs for me (they were really bad)...still have the vibration.

2 weeks later,...2nd repair shop...changed the motor mounts, (which was also bad) after motor mounts were changed Vibration got worse, when i start the car, and then let it idle, and the rpms go down, no vibration.... sit in park and rev engine i have the vibration......mostly vibrations are bad when driving.... 2nd shop told me it was my flywheel that is bad... (due to my engine being lifted higher now) and not sitting so low) since the mounts were changed, check engine light is now gone.

Had codes re checked, only code i am getting is Code P1000....

When the car is at an idle (normal RPMS, no vibration), only when i press the gas, whether I am stopped or moving...

I have been told several different things,
1. transmission mount
2. U-joints
3. Flywheel
4. Drive Shaft
5. Engine Mis-fire
6. Timing
7. Air intake/flow...

I cant keep spending money on what people "assume" does anyone have any ideas? Or have had these issues???
fuel injector treatment immediately 👌

21 - 22 of 22 Posts