Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey "1slow6er" i had seen it done before but never really saw any kits for them or how-to articles to get the job done , did you get a kit for it or do it yourself how-to style, im looking to switch mine up a little bit , could ya give me a little help as to how or where yor got yours done , thanx ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mustang96 said:
hey "1slow6er" i had seen it done before but never really saw any kits for them or how-to articles to get the job done , did you get a kit for it or do it yourself how-to style, im looking to switch mine up a little bit , could ya give me a little help as to how or where yor got yours done , thanx ;)
I dont think anyone makes kits for it. i got the boot off ebay, a bullitt ring from gefracing.com. I got the knob from someone over at 3.8mustang.com
You have to relocate the overdrive button, i put mine on the center console (near the coin holders)
Its funny when i let someone drive my car and their like "a standard without a clutch pedal? wtf" lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
OneBadPony00 said:
I have this done in my 2000 and I love it! :D

wheredya get that?

·
Registered
48 Posts
01slo232 said:
I got one off of ebay that was made by MGW (yes, pics would be nice)... only they don't offer them anymore. The O/D relocate switch is black (to hide it) and slides under onto the shifter before attaching the knob. This is starting to sound too *ahem* sexual.
Anyway, I'm thinking of replacing it with the one that http://haneymotorsport.com offers. I already have the relocate button, so all I would need is the knob. I got the boot off of ebay also, but it doesn't fit the best. I'll find something better down the road... just my $.02 :rolleyes:
thats not a bad looking shifter knob on there

·
Registered
17 Posts
MGW used to sell it ... but they went to a T grip now for the AOD cars. I bought my shift knob from Junior on 3.8 Mustang. I've seen one on Ebay since, so you may want to watch there ... or call George at MGW and see if they happen to still have any leftover stock. The boot & bullitt shift ring came from Ebay. We relocated the OD button (you can barely see it there in the cup holder behind my old phone). All in all, it was easy, except getting the original shifter piece off. The guys fought with it for about 15 minutes trying to get it loose.

-Donna

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Why? Why would you want it to look like a 5-speed?

Isn't that rice?

·
Registered
800 Posts
You wouldnt believe the mechanics faces when you take it to a shop for some kind of work done, they spend almost 5min just looking for a clutch in there... then they feel kinda stupid!

It is rather unique to be in there, I wouldnt call it rice!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I dont think it has OD on this one. How do you re-locate it (the OD button)? http://www.truckstuffusa.com/atn-1007x.html#order

Or this one with the OD button
http://bizrate.lycos.com/buy/noncat_prod_details__cat_id--13180100,mid--27814,md5id--0x66f017c6ca328a4d3a6636f6b2ccd5c6,keyword--automatic%20Shift%20Knob%20overdrive.html

·
Registered
800 Posts
Stang01 said:
I dont think it has OD on this one. How do you re-locate it (the OD button)? http://www.truckstuffusa.com/atn-1007x.html#order

Or this one with the OD button
http://bizrate.lycos.com/buy/noncat_prod_details__cat_id--13180100,mid--27814,md5id--0x66f017c6ca328a4d3a6636f6b2ccd5c6,keyword--automatic%20Shift%20Knob%20overdrive.html
See if this helps ya:
When you buy the kits from MGW they used to come with all the goodies needed, the only thing you need to do is buy the button at a local radio shack, a washer for holding in place and make sure you have the length in wire to stretch to the Cup Holder and thats it. And a good hot sodering iron w/ 60/40 flux soder, and a whole lot of patience when trying to twist the blasted stock shifter off :oops:

·
Registered
83 Posts
On the 01s, well one mine, there is a non-functional button that doesnt push in where the traction control and defogger button are. Could i possible make that obsolete button the OD button? I think it could be done.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Just extend wires and you can run the button under your seat, so if you fart, your O/D will turn off! :D :rolleyes:

I'm sure something could be done with those obsolete buttons for your O/D. It's just wires dude.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
The dummy button is where the fog light switch is on the GT's and where the fog light switch is on our '01, so you can turn it into something useful.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
that is kick ass. i gotta do that to mine. didn't even think about doin something like that before hand. thanx for the info guys. it's an awesome touch

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well looks like you found the old article on the pics...its very easy to do!

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
lol poser five speeds, i think the auto looks much better wtih a leather boot like that my self.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
for all you aut that have done this... Where did you get the boot?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts