Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a v6 mustang (everything on it stock) and I'm thinking about creating an awesome car out of it. I want to customize the body as well as the engine. I'm just not sure where to start. I like to make it a lot faster, and make the body look a lot cooler. Please give me some direction where I should take this. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
buy a cobra, ;) haha mod your engine first, then after all that you can make it look better. kinda of a sleeper :headbang:

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
sounds like a good idea to me, but I'm working on the looks first on mine.

I'm hopin eventually I'll be able to get a car thats faster "stock" (GT, Cobra, Saleen, etc... haha) , then I'll worry about speed.

It's really up to you. Good luck man. :headbang:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Mach_Mustang_R said:
Hey guys, I have a v6 mustang (everything on it stock) and I'm thinking about creating an awesome car out of it. I want to customize the body as well as the engine. I'm just not sure where to start. I like to make it a lot faster, and make the body look a lot cooler. Please give me some direction where I should take this. Thank you.
There are so many varibles. We need to know your objectives in terms of hp and what exactly do you want in looks. How old are you also helps. There is a big difference between what a 16 yr old wants and a 26 yr old wants. So what body styles or kits do you like!!!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Corey's right. I'd say go for looks... mostly because I like to show off lol Then again... if you have an ultra fast Stang, you're showing off with that as well. Good luck bud.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I would say concentrate on the "go" parts first. Power and speed are a little more objective, and bodywork can really quickly cost a lot of money, and your taste may change between now and whenever.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are so many varibles. We need to know your objectives in terms of hp and what exactly do you want in looks. How old are you also helps. There is a big difference between what a 16 yr old wants and a 26 yr old wants. So what body styles or kits do you like!!!!
I"m 19. The car's year is 2000, with auto transmission. I want it to look like a cobra svt (I think that's right :oops: ). I don't have tons of money to burn (I gotta get through college frist), and I'm not looking for a race car (insurance) but I would like my car to be able to beat a GT off the line. Apperence is something i'm looking at first, but I'm still not sure. Thanks for the advice so far guys. By the way, if I do mod my engine first, what should be the first mod I do. Maybe exhaust?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Making it look like Cobra or a Cobra R is OK but do not put Cobra or SVT badges on it. That is totally unacceptable. We dont care for posing but using the body kits alright . There is a guy in greenville that has a yellow GT with a Saleen kit on it and one day I noticed numbers on his front bumper. I asked it it was a real saleen and was told it was not. I was then told he put that number on because it was his soccer number. I just laughed it is posing. He even used the same type of numbers Saleen uses. I still think he is posing

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Making it look like Cobra or a Cobra R is OK but do not put Cobra or SVT badges on it. That is totally unacceptable. We dont care for posing but using the body kits alright .
I'm definitely not trying to pose. I just liked the body kit on it.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I say power, but thats me.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Mach_Mustang_R said:
Making it look like Cobra or a Cobra R is OK but do not put Cobra or SVT badges on it. That is totally unacceptable. We dont care for posing but using the body kits alright .
I'm definitely not trying to pose. I just liked the body kit on it.
Come to me n00b! I know all the body kits that are out there for your car! I know all the exterior stuff that is available for your ride and you don't even know about yet! :word:

My AIM screen name is StreetStang98. The email addy is in the sig. Hit me up and we'll figure out a look for you ride. :yes:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I like the sleeper look, though a Mustang usually isn't a good choice as a sleeper, a Fairmont, yes, Mustang no.

So I tend to build for power, not looks.

Steve

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys, that was a lot of help, one more question. Do you guys know a good site to order all this stuff (perferably an exhaust) for a good price?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts