Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got the new radio etc I decided that the dash was too common. Got color matched paint from automotivetouchup dot com. Full kit included the adhesion promoter. color (PQ Race Red) and clear coat. Did not do the AC vents since I did not want to take the dash apart. Besides I decided that leaving those chrome looked good.

I may or may not do some of the door trim and other parts. Not sure yet.

All comments are welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
Too much red. Need some kind of contrast.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I'll stick to my factory stuff :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have thought long and hard about upgrading my interior. I can't seem to find the right color. I like what you are thinking though, but I think it would look better with another contrast color or it kind of looks out of place ya know?

Keep up the good work though man!

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
The only thing I want to do to mine is to take the "chrome" to a brushed look. With a convertible, top down and sun behind, the glare off those bits is too much.

Nice work you did, not my taste, but I can appreciate the amount of work you did.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
The paint job itself looks clean. It isn't my particular taste, but you did a good job as far as I can tell.

I would have gone for black chrome or carbon fiber.

I wonder what a high gloss ebony wood finish would look like on those trim pieces. It could look rather classy if done correctly.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
The only thing I want to do to mine is to take the "chrome" to a brushed look. With a convertible, top down and sun behind, the glare off those bits is too much.

Nice work you did, not my taste, but I can appreciate the amount of work you did.
Find a spare part out of a salvage yard. Run steel wool in the same direction. That might give you the look you're after. Then clear it and polish.

I am not sure what grade of wool or scuff pad to use. I would have to experiment with a few of the parts.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Do the steering wheel spokes! Yeah it's gonna be to "loud" for some but it's your ride. I prefer vinyl in case I want something different. Did my center stack too but it was too much! This blood red carbon fiber actually blends race red and the red interior script on knobs. Not a big carbon fiber fan but for now, blood red cf works for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Ha, lighting on the center stack pic makes it look orange. Dash pic looks more true to actual color on my screen anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do the steering wheel spokes! Yeah it's gonna be to "loud" for some but it's your ride. I prefer vinyl in case I want something different. Did my center stack too but it was too much! This blood red carbon fiber actually blends race red and the red interior script on knobs. Not a big carbon fiber fan but for now, blood red cf works for me.

That looks great. Where did you get the cf vinyl?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I really like that. The red carbon is unique.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

That looks great. Where did you get the cf vinyl?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Very good question.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine is torch red outside and all black inside. Too gloomy. I bought a custom floor red loop carpet to make it more optimistic inside. Looks good

·
Registered
795 Posts
I like the second picture without the center console wrapped, looks better to me.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts