Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at smokedya's member page and saw he has a manual fan switch, i'd really like to know how to do it as it would come in handy when i goto the track(which is pretty often)

thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
supppp

iam going to write a how to on how i did it.
Myn's simple.

Basically i ran my own wires from a switch to the battery/fan.
When ur at the track you just unplug the fan harness and plug in your wires to the switch. bang ur done. THen when ur done, zip tie ur wires and plug in the harness again.

No tapping into other wires.

Ill try to get it up aspa... but i work all the time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Smokedya95stang said:
supppp

iam going to write a how to on how i did it.
Myn's simple.

Basically i ran my own wires from a switch to the battery/fan.
When ur at the track you just unplug the fan harness and plug in your wires to the switch. bang ur done. THen when ur done, zip tie ur wires and plug in the harness again.

No tapping into other wires.

Ill try to get it up aspa... but i work all the time.
any update?

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
that seems like a ghetto way to do it..but hey it works!

·
Registered
246 Posts
V6 Mustangs have a single speed fan, GTs have a two speed fan. When I tryed to use the GT instructions on my 00 V6 they did not work. I looked at the diagrams and circuits and figured it out. I had to put a switch on one of the circuits running from the EEC to CCRM, and that circuit needed to be open when you wanted the fan on, and closed when you wanted the fan off (kind of opposite of what you would think).

I will try and look through the helm manual and post up some schematics.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
My fan cuts on at idle pretty much now after putting the chip in, don't think you'd need much more than that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts