Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Manual or Auto, Which do you prefer in a Mustang?

• Automatic Transmission

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Manual Transmission

Votes: 24 72.7%
1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the subject is pretty self explanatory, but figured it'd be good poll ? to toss out there.
I know not everyone likes manuals, or autos.

Me personally, I've never tried a manual

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
It's heated because everyone has there views on it. Mine are biased and straight about it. Manual if you like to feel in tune with the car or just like to move more (me personally) depending on how well you can in traffic is up to you. I couldn't cope and got an auto. My next stang will be a manual regardless. And a GT, I want to see what all the fuss is about. It's all on what you want. Some get the auto for mpg, have an injury, or are lazy. Some get a manual to get more power, mpg in the city, or like me, love that roll back feel of a clutch and the true feel of a car. But hear this, alot of complaints are thrown around with these new mt-82 transmissions. That's it

·
Registered
230 Posts
When I get in my truck or the wife's SUV, I'm glad they are auto, when I get in my 11 GT, I'm happy it's a manual. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
dj_james123 said:
Oh crap, my bad!! Sorry,

We probably should discontinue it then
I've had both. It can be frustrating to learn to drive a stick but after you do you really don't want an auto back. Especially in these cars. I think manuals are a lot more fun. But just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
dj_james123 said:
But in near or distant future, if I trade my stang in, I'd like to get a manual instead, and it's about 1,200 cheaper

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

What's that?
A manual cost more if It's a used car, they sell easier.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A manual cost more if It's a used car, they sell easier.
I noticed that. The manuals are less expensive new but seem to have a 2-3K higher resale than the automatic cars on the used market.

I almost went with an automatic because they are better at the drag strip. I couldn't bring myself to buy an automatic sports car so I went with the 6 speed manual. I do not regret my decision.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yup the auto tends to be better at the drag with more consistent times, but if u really wanna feel your car, have more fun driving it, then is say go with auto

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

I mean manual haha

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
If you are undecided then go with an auto, manual is only for a certain type of car guys.
No matter how much research you do you will not get a 100% correct answer as it all depends on YOU.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I bought the 5.0 to build a drag car out of, and was considering the auto. My wife laughed at me and said, no way will you be happy with an auto, seems she knows me better than I know myself.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Manual or auto

I think the subject is pretty self explanatory, but figured it'd be good poll ? to toss out there.
I know not everyone likes manuals, or autos.

Me personally, I've never tried a manual
i go for the manual . i have had plenty of manual and auto over the years. the manual IMO let you feel more with the car.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Would have gone auto if ford had paddle shifters. Went manual for most of the reasons already listed. That being said its the first manual car I've had in a while - love it when I'm in "driving mode" but can't stand it when I'm stuck in traffic and trying to drink my coffee.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Would have gone auto if ford had paddle shifters. Went manual for most of the reasons already listed. That being said its the first manual car I've had in a while - love it when I'm in "driving mode" but can't stand it when I'm stuck in traffic and trying to drink my coffee.
U need one of these!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 254 Posts