Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else notice how much noise comes from the shifter area? Does everyone's mustang have that sound? Or? Lol it's like I can hear all the gears turning and stuff. It's a lot of noise. Just wanting to know why.-.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats not normal. I havent driven an sn95 that sounded like that. When is the last time you had your transmission serviced?
The transmission is only about 3 months old. But I guess the guys who put it in messed something up. But other cars I sometimes listen when they reverse and have heard the noise also

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
If ya got the tremec 3650, than yes, it's one noisy bizatch...got a short shifter? If so than absolutely normal for it to be noisy...it's very very very common on the 3650

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If ya got the tremec 3650, than yes, it's one noisy bizatch...got a short shifter? If so than absolutely normal for it to be noisy...it's very very very common on the 3650
Oh okay thanks! That's all I needed to know! :p just making sure it's not a problem:p

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
be careful with a 3650...they are highly common for the third gear syncro to go bad...i know mine did and when it did i researched a lot on it lol. if it's a 3650 i do recommend draining a qrt out of it and putting in a qrt of syncromesh...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
be careful with a 3650...they are highly common for the third gear syncro to go bad...i know mine did and when it did i researched a lot on it lol. if it's a 3650 i do recommend draining a qrt out of it and putting in a qrt of syncromesh...
Alrighty will do! Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts