Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one is faster? People say manuals are faster but I have heard differently from other people..Which one is it?!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Manuals I guess could be faster but it's all about DRIVER. An auto trans with good shift points is probably faster for most people. You may be able to get better launches with a manual but than again it's all about driver.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the fastest mustang times were with automatic transmissions. I don't remember where I read that but its out there.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have heard that Autos are faster because of human error on manuals. Its hard to shift like a tuned automatic, the shift points are perfect.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
On a mustang with a tune you would have to drive the manual PERFECT to match the auto.

Auto is always more fun and I think every performance car should have a manual. It gives you more control and is just damn fun to drive :)

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Mikeyt03 said:
How was this moved to general discussion, but the v8 vs v6 thread not?
Why the f*** do you even care? You keep getting all over TrojanHorse about random crap like moving threads. So what, he missed a thread. Wow.

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Las0mbra said:
Why the f*** do you even care? You keep getting all over TrojanHorse about random crap like moving threads. So what, he missed a thread. Wow.
I don't care, I was just curious. I'm not all over Trojan horse. I just mentioned that if I were a moderator, I would delete senseless posts that are structured so bad they're hardly readable. Oh and i would delete exhaust threads.I'm not saying HE needed to do that, it's just what I would do. Clearly I have no clue what moderators are supposed to do because I'm not one. I was just wondering why this thread wasn't removed, that's all. Thanks for cussing at me though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How was this hard to read... If this was hard to read for you then go back to second grade! I asked a question not to hear you jealous story so if your not going to tell me which one is faster then don't bother replying!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
If you want a fun driving experience go manual if you want a strip car go auto. It's all about your plans for the car!

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Mitch_Gibbons said:
How was this hard to read... If this was hard to read for you then go back to second grade! I asked a question not to hear you jealous story so if your not going to tell me which one is faster then don't bother replying!
I wasn't talking about this thread being hard to read, I was referring to another thread I posted in because he brought it up.

As far as which is faster? It really depends on the driver. An auto has more drive train loss I believe, but it shifts quicker. I have an auto with 3.73's and my friend has a manual with 3.73's and I pull away from him every time on the street.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts