Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just want some opinions from you manual trans stangs with a tune. Did you really notice a big difference in the car or am I just expecting to much from the 93 bama v2 tune.

2013 pp mca 3.7 glass roof
2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

More coming visually for now.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't feel faster from the gate but I can tell in the corners it's a lot easier to control drifting. Feels like it has more low end on the freeway in sixth gear but I just don't feel it from the gate. Wondering if it's had enough time to set in

2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Tbh my car now feels a little flat . I feel that even with 3,73s, it seems like my car gained 80lbs with these new v2 tunes. I'm going back to my original 91R from the 91V2 tune and then going with Mpt. No more ****ing around with tunes, so many people here that have run both bama and mpt and all say mpt over bama.

Sent from LG G3.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is true. I thought I wud try bamas v2 tune but I'm pretty disappointed. The car doesn't even rev with no load the same. Off to mpt it is. My sig says I have mpt because I somewhat expected this to happen. I'll be in touch with mpt tomorrow.

2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
This is true. I thought I wud try bamas v2 tune but I'm pretty disappointed. The car doesn't even rev with no load the same. Off to mpt it is. My sig says I have mpt because I somewhat expected this to happen. I'll be in touch with mpt tomorrow.

2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

+1. I have nothing bad to say about Bama, but nothing fantastic either....
I just don't want to shell out 75$ or 105cdn and say huh, doesn't really pull any better than bama........
Maybe I'm just expecting to much from a tune idk, but I do know that the V2 tune does nothing more than my original 91R did.
Sent from LG G3.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads up

2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

K

·
0 Posts
I was curious to hear people's thoughts on tuning a manual. How about MPT? What do yall notice? Because I want to tune my 2011 3.7 manual when I get it next week. :cool:

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
For my part, positive differences are there but they're more subtle improvements. My car feels as if it builds power more quickly now. "Feels" as in it is subtle enough that I'm not sure it would show on a dyno but it's there. Not unhappy as it came as 'free tunes for life'. Now if I paid $80 for the V2 tune, I'd be unhappy.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Manual trans here, I had a fully dialed in tune from steeda. I swapped to mpt and out of the box it pulled harder everywhere. After some datalogs to fine tune to my car, its very strong. The biggest place the mpt outshines my old tune is down low. It just pulls hard all the way to redline.

I will say,everyone I've seen that swap to mpt from someone else see a drop in their 1/4mi times. So whatever they are doing that others aren't is working.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have an MPT tune with my Manual. The tune really woke up my car. Out of 1st she really wants to go. If you have MPT/3.73's be prepared to use the classic cowboy line "whoa girl, whoa". MPT does know what they are doing in terms of tuning our 3.7. If you datalog, it gets better. I just jumped onto the V2 tunes wagon, they do feel the same as my pre-v2. It does pull a little harder when jumping on the frwy. But nothing like MPT's. You'll really enjoy it, best $70 I spent.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Y'all convinced me. I'm gonna datalog bamas v2 and order the mpt tonight. But based on everything I've seen/read mpt will be the tune to run.

Have any of you had any weird idle with either tune? I noticed my car last night had a weird idle to it on the 93 race tune v2. Idk how to explain it because the rpm wasn't surging but the car definitely felt like the motor was vibrating more than normal.

2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

·
Registered
179 Posts
Y'all convinced me. I'm gonna datalog bamas v2 and order the mpt tonight. But based on everything I've seen/read mpt will be the tune to run.

Have any of you had any weird idle with either tune? I noticed my car last night had a weird idle to it on the 93 race tune v2. Idk how to explain it because the rpm wasn't surging but the car definitely felt like the motor was vibrating more than normal.
Yeah, I've noticed that it does idle a little rougher than usual(V2). The MPT does like to sip Gas a little more than the Bama. On long trips, Bama 87/89. In town MPT. The 91 MPT tune is pretty mean. I have the 87/89 and the 91 in both non-Ghost cam and Ghost cam. Both are amazing.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good to hear. Has the ghost can fried your cats yet?

2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

·
Registered
179 Posts
Good to hear. Has the ghost can fried your cats yet?

2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

LOL!! Not yet, I don't run that tune for too long. Just to car meets or if I feel like showing off a little. It does smell rich though, that's why I don't use it for long. (cats do rattle more at around 2krpm out of 1st and 2nd) But with the exhaust set up I have, sounds mean.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What happens to the cats under the ghost cam tune. I know it dumps extra fuel and loads up the cats but does it require you to replace the cats eventually or cause the O2 sensors to go bad? What does it really do

2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

·
Registered
179 Posts
What happens to the cats under the ghost cam tune. I know it dumps extra fuel and loads up the cats but does it require you to replace the cats eventually or cause the O2 sensors to go bad? What does it really do

2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

The cats get hotter than normal. The "rich" in the exhaust will start to kill the insides. They do recommend you using high-flow cats as those have a little more give than stock. Some 3.7's are ok a little longer on the Ghost Cam tune. But I'm in Cali and I don't feel like paying an arm and a leg to get the Cats replaced often just because of running a tune for extended periods.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts