Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what does that mean? i bought a used tuner thinking it was "unlocked" . i had a shop make me a custom tune by email and its already set up in my tuner but it wont let me upload it to my car cuz its "married" . !!! did i get a ripped off and bought a locked tuner?

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
You have to pay $150 to get it unlocked. $150 for tunes for life from American Muscle.(if u go that route.

The only way I would buy locked tuner would be $5.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Married means locked, sorry to say.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
+1, sounds like you bought a brick...

·
Registered
235 Posts
You have to pay $150 to get it unlocked. $150 for tunes for life from American Muscle.(if u go that route.

The only way I would buy locked tuner would be $5.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Married means locked, sorry to say.
Alright this guy is selling a tuner but its locked I know I have to pay $150 but he said it has tunes for life do I still have to pay $150 for that too

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
The tunes for life is not to the tuner, it's to the buyer, so unless you have the same name and email as that guy then you will need to buy the tunes for life.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

To find out for sure you should ask one of the AM reps, I'm pretty sure but there is a possibility I'm wrong.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The tunes for life is not to the tuner, it's to the buyer, so unless you have the same name and email as that guy then you will need to buy the tunes for life.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

To find out for sure you should ask one of the AM reps, I'm pretty sure but there is a possibility I'm wrong.
Nah your right, I asked Dan

·
Registered
301 Posts
So 50 bucks to the guy who originally bought it and have him send in your stats and forward you the email afterward.........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts