Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I was to upgrade my mass airflow sensor to a larger one. Would it give me any more horse power gain whatsoever I see them on eBay for around 130 but don't know much about them. Can anybody help. Thanks

·
Registered
488 Posts
Jsmorley81 said:
If I was to upgrade my mass airflow sensor to a larger one. Would it give me any more horse power gain whatsoever I see them on eBay for around 130 but don't know much about them. Can anybody help. Thanks
They are usually junk.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Jsmorley81 said:
Wouldn't be worth it. Our current mass air flow sensor can handle 700+HP if I remember right?

So it would be pointless.

·
Registered
222 Posts
A mass air flow sensor is just that, a sensor that read air flow going tru the intake pipe , it does not give you any gains it just reads the air to adapt the fuel map and send the proper amount of fuel depending in the entering quantity of air, u might need to upgrade whenever u get a huge difference of air coming in like on FI but even then the oem might be able to be adjusted to run as needed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts