Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know exactly what I need to put a mass air or cold air intake on my 87 gt. I have been looking online and all it seems to be is a tube with a filter. Do I need any type of computer thing or anything? A runner isn't in the budget right now but I would like to get a little bit of work done to it and everybody says that a cold air/ mass air is what I need. Is tre a difference I between cold air and mass air intakes?

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

DerekJohnScott said:
I want to know exactly what I need to put a mass air or cold air intake on my 87 gt. I have been looking online and all it seems to be is a tube with a filter. Do I need any type of computer thing or anything? A runner isn't in the budget right now but I would like to get a little bit of work done to it and everybody says that a cold air/ mass air is what I need. Is tre a difference I between cold air and mass air intakes?
Tuner, not runner

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
you can just put one on...beauty of a push rod motor you don't need a tune to see the benefits of it. just make sure to put it on right lol

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1slosix said:
you can just put one on...beauty of a push rod motor you don't need a tune to see the benefits of it. just make sure to put it on right lol
My dad was saying I had to tune it other wise it will run like crap.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
nope...now if you were upgrading the MAF and didn't lets say have the right injectors for a larger MAF then it'd run like crap

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1slosix said:
nope...now if you were upgrading the MAF and didn't lets say have the right injectors for a larger MAF then it'd run like crap
That makes since. How do you know what size injectors you need? Would it just say with the new MAF?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
yeah they are calibrated for certain injector sizes (there are MAFs with adjustable sleeves though)...they usually say what they are calibrated to on the plate riveted to the MAF

·
Registered
5 Posts
2013 V6 Rouch

so far I have changed my computer setting on my V6, went to a cold air intake Airaid, now I am going to a 3.73 rear end to change gears. It keeps coming up that mustangs are having issues with the stock drive shaft. Anyone else have this problem??

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
coach4847 said:
so far I have changed my computer setting on my V6, went to a cold air intake Airaid, now I am going to a 3.73 rear end to change gears. It keeps coming up that mustangs are having issues with the stock drive shaft. Anyone else have this problem??
I've never heard of that, but of you can you might as well go for an aluminum one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts