Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a grabber blue with matte black rims and (soon to be) matte black gt500 stripes. I also have a matte looking magnetic decklid panel with matte black tail light bezels. I really love the look of the gloss black rear decklid panel on the '13s and wanted to put that and some black AMR wheels on, but would they clash with the matte black gt500 stripes. Or can matte and gloss go together well. (I'd also have to get rid of the tail light bezels I guess...)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a grabber blue with matte black rims and (soon to be) matte black gt500 stripes. I also have a matte looking magnetic decklid panel with matte black tail light bezels. I really love the look of the gloss black rear decklid panel on the '13s and wanted to put that and some black AMR wheels on, but would they clash with the matte black gt500 stripes. Or can matte and gloss go together well. (I'd also have to get rid of the tail light bezels I guess...)
Personally I think it would look sick. I'm sure others would say it would clash.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I don't think it'll clash at all, should look sick

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't think it'll clash at all, should look sick
Yepp. I got chrome fog trim on mine too....makes the fog lights pop a lot more too.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Yepp. I got chrome fog trim on mine too....makes the fog lights pop a lot more too.
And I think that would be badass on your car

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
My hood accents, hash marks and louvers are gloss black and rims are matte black. Awesome contrast.

Do it!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Tough choice, I had the gloss black challenger with the Matte black strobe decals going down the side. Couldn't tell you had the stripes unless you got close enough..,

In your case I think it would look right if you did not over do it..., take some pics along the way. I am sure we will say when enough is enough!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a matte black over the top stripe and matte black rims. It doesnt clash. I just dont like the piano black because of finger prints. Plastidip will happen soon.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! I think that I'll keep the decklid I have rather than going gloss. (I think I just mostly like the 2013 tail lights). And buy some charcoal AMR wheels and replace my hood spears with some gt500 matte stripes!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks! I think that I'll keep the decklid I have rather than going gloss. (I think I just mostly like the 2013 tail lights). And buy some charcoal AMR wheels and replace my hood spears with some gt500 matte stripes!
Ya that would look good. Is it possible to swap the 11 tails for the 13's? If it is i would do it. Those new tails are killer looks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I heard that you can, their just hard to find. And they don't fit completely perfect unless you replace with a 2013 bumper I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts