Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got a black 99-04 mustang gt with this matte black hood decal? I was wondering how'd it look against a black car kinda like the black 03-04 Mach 1's. Let me see some pictures if you guys have any!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
StangerBanger04 said:
Anybody got a black 99-04 mustang gt with this matte black hood decal? I was wondering how'd it look against a black car kinda like the black 03-04 Mach 1's. Let me see some pictures if you guys have any!
I want one but the paint on my hood has a few chips in it from the previous owner. It look like he w as driving behind a gravel throwing truck

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
austinknoll said:
I want one but the paint on my hood has a few chips in it from the previous owner. It look like he w as driving behind a gravel throwing truck
Damn dude I hate to hear that. Yeah I am just wondering how'd it look against a black car. I have an 03-04 Mach 1 front end with the chin spoiler and grille just wanna get that decal without having to get the whole hood and shaker system. I just to see some of other people's pictures if they had the same thing.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Moostaang11 said:
I did plasti dip on mine a couple months ago. Made it sorta like the mach 1, also did the scoop. Not the best pic but ill post another tomorrow when i take a better one. Did the decklid aswell
Actually looks really good. Even the decklid, clean car man!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Plasti dip it first. It look good

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I know what I'm doing after work today. Plasti dip Mach 1 stripe

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

StangerBanger04 said:
I've heard it just never knew where to get it.
Home Depot is where I got mine

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Moostaang11 said:
Heres a better pic. Hope it helps. And yea home depot is where i get my plasti dip Its like $5.97
Did you have trouble getting it to stick on? When I did my grille and it spotted so we sanded it down a little to get it smooth.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
StangerBanger04 said:
Moostaang11 said:
Heres a better pic. Hope it helps. And yea home depot is where i get my plasti dip Its like $5.97
Looks like the plasti dip did a well enough job! Go that route! That looks great moostaang11!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
austinknoll said:
Did you have trouble getting it to stick on? When I did my grille and it spotted so we sanded it down a little to get it smooth.
Nope no trouble at all. Just cleaned the area, taped it off and spray away! I let it set a couple minutes before each coat, did about 4 and on that last one remove all the tape before it dries and sticks to the tape or else itll peel off!

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

silvrskoundrel said:
Looks like the plasti dip did a well enough job! Go that route! That looks great moostaang11!!!
Thanks guys. And yea i think your better off plasti dippin it. Looks just as good as the decal and a lot cheaper :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Moostaang11 said:
How does plasti dip work? Does it come off over time or is it like a matte black paint?

·
Registered
111 Posts
It comes in like a spray paint can. Ive had my decklid plasti dipped since march and still looks the same. It goes on like spray paint but dries up into a rubber coat. Just spray over your paint. Once its dry it can just peel off like a sticker, does not damage paint or leave any mark. I think theres some really informative threads about plasti dip, might wanna search em up :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Moostaang11 said:
It comes in like a spray paint can. Ive had my decklid plasti dipped since march and still looks the same. It goes on like spray paint but dries up into a rubber coat. Just spray over your paint. Once its dry it can just peel off like a sticker, does not damage paint or leave any mark. I think theres some really informative threads about plasti dip, might wanna search em up :)
Yeah I've heard a lot of people doing it do their wheels but I didn't know how well it held up in the weather but by the look of yours it's doing just fine lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts