Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't decide if I should get matte black or gloss black rims on my black 5.0. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I have painted matte black rims on mine, that the kid before me painted, and maybe im just biased, but i really like them. But i guess they may look cheap, so if you want a clean look maybe black gloss?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Srohda said:
Can't decide if I should get matte black or gloss black rims on my black 5.0. Any suggestions?
I had mine painted gloss black.. I love the look.. They look great when theyre all cleaned up..

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
11stangGT said:
I had mine painted gloss black.. I love the look.. They look great when theyre all cleaned up..
How much was it to have them painted?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Srohda said:
How much was it to have them painted?
I was quoted $250... But after seeing the wheels the guy said more like 300-350... This was at the dealership..But that's dismount breakdown rebalance etc.. Said woulda been cheaper if had them broke down already an just brought in the wheels... I'm friends w a few people there and was able to get them to cover it under warranty bc they were pitting and chipping..

·
Registered
28 Posts
We have gloss on our 2011 with machined lip looks sweet, you can go to our FB page and see tons of pictures it may help you with your decision.......

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EHP said:
We have gloss on our 2011 with machined lip looks sweet, you can go to our FB page and see tons of pictures it may help you with your decision.......
Thanks!

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Use plastidop. That way if you don't like it you can peal it off. Plus it a lot cheaper then haviing them painted. Also if want to do right have them powder coated. How far are you from Hillsboro. I know a guy there. WIll cost you about 200ish for the set for powder coating.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Srohda said:
Maybe this will help

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys! I think I'll go with the gloss. Now I just need to find a place here in El Paso Tx that will powder coat them.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Use plastidop. That way if you don't like it you can peal it off. Plus it a lot cheaper then haviing them painted. Also if want to do right have them powder coated. How far are you from Hillsboro. I know a guy there. WIll cost you about 200ish for the set for powder coating.
just got 3 cans of plastdip , my guy says this is the best way to paint wheels ,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts