Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So which one do you guys prefer and why? Now this is particular driven towards wheels, stripes, and other small exterior accessories. What color is going to appear better with the Mustang being a Race Red 13' GT? Give me your .02 on what finish of black and why.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
tgmeyer said:
So which one do you guys prefer and why? Now this is particular driven towards wheels, stripes, and other small exterior accessories. What color is going to appear better with the Mustang being a Race Red 13' GT? Give me your .02 on what finish of black and why.
Not a big fan of matte black but its popular right now. If done right, it looks great. On race red, Id do gloss black all day because they contrast so well. I think gloss is more difficult to keep looking good, but stripes shouldnt be a problem. Ive got painted gloss black wheels and so far just waxing them is working, but Ive only had them 6 months & no winter yet (on a DD).

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
tgmeyer said:
I have a race red 11' GT and everything from stripes to louvers are gloss black. No way I could do matt with that color.

I am looking to plastidip the entire car and it will be plastidipped matt black and white

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just minor things I would do Matt black... Y, because I like the the look of having minor details in a flat color... I would not do a 3 ft stripe down the center in Matt black...

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
nosympathy said:
I have a race red 11' GT and everything from stripes to louvers are gloss black. No way I could do matt with that color.

I am looking to plastidip the entire car and it will be plastidipped matt black and white
I've also got a Race Red '11 GT and I prefer matte black but with no stick on's. louvers, scoops, etc. I will soon have some all matte black wheels.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
UltArc said:
For the stripe, I like gloss. As some one else said, shine with shine looks good. And matte is a lot harder to maintain than gloss.

At least, reading about BMWs with matte paint, they are very easily ruined.
Matte black does lose its luster after a few months in the sun. :/

·
Registered
559 Posts
It depends what wheels you like. If matte, go matte stripes, and vice versa.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Not a big fan of matte black but its popular right now. If done right, it looks great. On race red, Id do gloss black all day because they contrast so well. I think gloss is more difficult to keep looking good, but stripes shouldnt be a problem. Ive got painted gloss black wheels and so far just waxing them is working, but Ive only had them 6 months & no winter yet (on a DD).
Agree - I went with gloss black rims and vinyls on my Race Red '12 - I think it looks good. I also shine the black plastic trim as well.

·
Registered
903 Posts
On your situation and color I would go with the charocoal AMR.Mine are Charocoal but may not look like it in my sig pic.I am fixing to switch another style drift or 2010 GT500.If you was in NC we could find out for sure. GLW whatever you do man.

·
Registered
278 Posts
back n a stang said:
On your situation and color I would go with the charocoal AMR.Mine are Charocoal but may not look like it in my sig pic.I am fixing to switch another style drift or 2010 GT500.If you was in NC we could find out for sure. GLW whatever you do man.
+1 for the charcoal!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts