Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is what you get when you're running 80 mph down the road at 5:00 in the morning, with a POS aftermarket hood!! F ME!!! KRAZYPONY I need $$$$$$$$$$!!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Damn, that sucks Matt

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Holy deja vu batman

What is it with hoods flying up all of a sudden? Thats the second car I have seen that happen to in two weeks!

I'm sorry to see that man!

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Nah, take it to one of the free windshield repair places that we have here in Baton Rouge. "fix chips and cracks in your windshield while you wait. FREE"...that is their sign. :)

EDIT: Man, I really need to learn to type late in the day. There, no more spelling errors

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Really sucks man...is the hood messed up bad?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
matt.. sorry to see that, but its nice to see you around again!!! :)

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
on a side note, mmmmm, that hood looks delicious

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
dang dude, my hood has come undone 4 times be4 i got my vic. just hit a bump or something and poof my hood pops up never flew back or anything

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Hood pins can be your best friend...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Zim, glad to be back! :good:

Yup, hoods pretty much hosed up, the underside is pretty much waffled, tell you what scared the F out of me! When it blew open I thought at first that I hit somebody or rear ended somebody and I had to be dead because everything was pitch black in the cockpit, I was like holy ****, I didn't feel a thing...KEWL...LOL!! Then I thought, NO can't be DEAD cuz I hear screeching and squealing behind me (traffic) so I must still be alive, then I figured out it was the hood :lol:

So, I'm locking 'em up and try and pull off to the side as carefully as possible (not very easy when you're going from 80 to ZERO!!) Get out look at the f'r and had to say "f me freddy"!! Couldn't believe the thing was still attached! I had a customer tell me the same thing happened to him with the SAME hood but his came off completely!! So anyhow, get it pushed down and decide I can make it home, only a couple of miles, turn south on C470 to I-25 and sure enough BAM!!! came back up on me again (didn't happen to have any rope or anything), I'm sitting in the middle of I-25 with emergency flashers going and cars going around me at, they had to be going around 120 mph, so it seemed...anyway, got 'er home and there she sits waitin for the claims adjuster to come by for the guesstimate..

Hood pins?? didn't even think about it when i got the hood...damn it!!!! If there is a next time there will be! :(

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ha ha..not something that normally crosses your mind when buying a hood, I'll be sure to put them on my car when I change out the hood..especially after this story

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually it did hit the roof. There's glass embedded up by the glass line just can't see it to well in the pics. There are also ripples across of the top of the glass line...that's not good is it???

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
When you get a new windshield, they will put new top moulding on it for you

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
matt, yours doesn't look quite as bad as the cobra owner we saw at a meet in SC. Go to show and tell and it should be listed at the top as "Important" still, scan through those and look at the black cobra w/ chameleon flames.

Still sucks though... Hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wanted an aftermarket hood, but I don't want hoodpins

1 - 20 of 27 Posts