Mustang Evolution Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I was wondering what needs to be done to max out the 4.6, and how much horsepower can be expected. I'm not looking into forced induction or nitrous. I want to know what I can get out of the 4.6 to be as fast and reliable as possible.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Hey guys. I was wondering what needs to be done to max out the 4.6, and how much horsepower can be expected. I'm not looking into forced induction or nitrous. I want to know what I can get out of the 4.6 to be as fast and reliable as possible.
Complete ford racing overhaul will guarantee reliability and real power!! They've got a CAI, throttle body, intake manifold, and heads, and cams, coupled with LT headers and a good exhaust will put ya well past 400HP!! With OEM durability!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. I was hoping the 400 mark. The 4.6 has a reputation (especially among gto, trans am, etc. guys) that its slow, and I'd love to beat the snot out of them with it. Almost like a sleeper.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
4.6 is a weak motor, I wouldn't waste your time trying to prove a point NA, you'll only embarrass yourself

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
4.6 is a weak motor, I wouldn't waste your time trying to prove a point NA, you'll only embarrass yourself
weak compared to.....? lol

Not many cars will push 450WHP on a stock engine coming from 260WHP. AN almost 200WHP jump over stock is plenty strong. Additionally there is NOTHING any other car has done that the 4.6 hasn't. It is an old engine.

As for "well over 400 HP", to the crank, sure. With heads, cams and all the accompanying mods, you would be lucky to see 390WHP.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts

Not many cars will push 450WHP on a stock engine coming from 260WHP. AN almost 200WHP jump over stock is plenty strong. Additionally there is NOTHING any other car has done that the 4.6 hasn't. It is an old engine.

As for "well over 400 HP", to the crank, sure. With heads, cams and all the accompanying mods, you would be lucky to see 390WHP.
Yeah I know, sorry I shoulda specified.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts

Compared to an LS motor, 4.6 is nothing NA

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Compared to an LS motor, 4.6 is nothing NA
A bigger engine with a higher starting point and 6 speeds. On a "scale" they're very matched up. I reiterate, there is nothing a 4.6 hasn't done than another has. Just as there are 500hp civics.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Never seen so many supposed mustang guys stick up for an LS motor! Have some pride and loyalty people!
Its not about "sticking up" for the ls motor. Its about having respect for it. Your obviously to narrow minded to see it. Go race a ls1 fbody. When you lose, you'll figure it out. And to the other guy who talks about pushing his 4.6 up a hill. Look at your name. Get a v8 motor then talk ****.

That being said i do like my 06 GT. But i know ls motors are not to be ****ed with. Unless fi of course.....

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.