Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Really? I thought all '11^ V6's were governed at 115mph? Did you buy it new? My '11 F150 is governed at 95mph. I was like wtf? Lol

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Driveshaft issue was not fixed on the 13s...same cheap ole' driveshaft. If you want to go triple digit speeds, get a aluminum/carbon fiber driveshaft first.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Driveshaft issue was not fixed on the 13s...same cheap ole' driveshaft. If you want to go triple digit speeds, get a aluminum/carbon fiber driveshaft first.
Maybe just the early '13's...I heard the latter released '13's had a new once piece driveshaft. Not sure if they are rated though for any higher speeds.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Really? I thought all '11^ V6's were governed at 115mph? Did you buy it new? My '11 F150 is governed at 95mph. I was like wtf? Lol
My speedo will read 120 and the needle will be between the 120 and the tick mark so really 123ish. The shaft in my yer range will snap at 135 speed wise but any amount of force on it for an extended time will snap it

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
The governor is still on the stock tune, we hit it on the dyno doing some testing this past Saturday.

But the 2013 driveshaft is different. No longer the two piece with center carrier bearing. It is a one piece aluminum, looks very similar to the Shaftmasters 4" I had on my 2006. My car was built in June 2012 - but when I asked the parts guy at the dealership to look it up to confirm, he did say there is a note about early build and later build 2013's - and the 2011-12 has a different part number and the pictures on their locator show different driveshafts.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
I wonder if those one piece shafts will fit the '11 & '12 V6 and if they're cheaper then buying an aftermarket one?
I think so. But my question is, can you bury the needle like the GT. that's one big kicker for me to make a switch when I can afford it

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
You could sinks a shat load of money into it and make it faster or you could trade up.

Personally, I'd trade up. :D
That's what I'm thinking about doing. It's either trade up or get a new edge GT to sink my money in. It'll be the manual so I can choose what I want to drive. Some days I hate auto some days I love it. But the older GT stock can keep up with the v6 but the mods do more

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.