Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the max shot I'd want to do without having to worry about excessive wear? I'm not quite at forged internals so I don't want to blow any gaskets or wear down anything.

·
Registered
151 Posts
unfortunately with n2o you want no engine wear, it means no n2o. Any time you add a power adder, you increase your engine wear. Engines are rated at horsepower-hours. So the more hp the less hours. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
100 shot occasionally. but due to the split port design, there are 2 runners for every cylinder (12 runners total). the higher the shot, the more likely you are to go lean in the corner cylinders due to the nitrous and fuel not seperating properly and all going into the middle cylinders.

75 shot is safe for all the time, but you can do 100 if you goto the track for a couple runs. i wouldnt do it often though w/o a good tune... (even then i wouldnt do it often on a split port)

·
Registered
941 Posts
do you think a 100 shot on 21#er's would lean out near redline? i'm not thinking they would, but it would probably be close.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
as long as its a wet shot, no.. the nitrous is tapped from the fuel pump and the fuel rail. the nitrous and fuel mixture are mixed even before the injectors. the injectors just do the normal amount for the incoming air supplied. the nitrous already has the proper amount of fuel.

you could run a 100 shot on 14#. i just wouldnt suggest it w/o a fuel pump ugrade... people get larger injectors when running nitrous for safety and they will make it run a little rich just in case.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would run a 75 shot on a nitrous express kit. 99+ pumps are pretty good but it can't hurt to spend another 100.00 to upgrade to be completely safe.

75 shot NX ranges from 70-80rwhp and 75-100rwtq depending on mods.

Just change plugs every few thousand miles if you spray alot and check your fuel filter/nitrous filter and run good 93 (sunoco,amoco etc)

Zach

·
Registered
10 Posts
i like those NGK iridium tiped plugs, but anything thats not copper would do, make sure they are a couple degrees colder than stock, get a new fuel pump, a 155 - 255!
that should hold you over for a while

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
What is wrong with copper. Hell almost everyone I know with nitrous uses copper

Do you want to see Iridium plugs at work in a Nitrous or SC car !!!!

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
running a 100 shot on a single port should be ok though with a fuel pump upgrade correct?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts